Misc Easy way to do "YouTube 3DS Hack" (No account etc.)

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people seem to use a really convoluted way to get out of the YouTube browser and on to google, and I'm here to show my way, a way I haven't seen used (but I'm sure someone else has done).
Instead of going into settings>email and so on, just search "Google" on YouTube's search. Click the channel Google (it might be a few results down). on the channel, click the dropdown menu button and click "about". google.com is then listed there and you can access google. You can do this with any channel with websites linked on their "about" (eg. my DeviantArt is linked on my YouTube so you can search "shawn shyguy" go to my about and click "deviantart")
On that note, if someone can make or knows of an account that has a bunch of sites linked for the browser, do let me know.

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is this the most useless thing ever? You can just type in "google.com", no need to do all these useless steps...
The YouTube application is a browser, this special version of youtube.com is the homepage. The difference between this browser and the normal browser, this supports HTML5 video (as long as the file isn't too big; I'm working on finding out how it processes videos)
Therefore, if you go to a say, Dailymotion video that's 240p and fits within the 400x240 3DS screen, etc., it should play back.
And what is this for? I've heard about it but I can't imagine any new possibility doing it... :rolleyes:
I personally think some 3DS video sharing communities could be built around this. On sites like DSiCade, 3DS Homepage, etc. they have a bunch of GIFs they share, and it seems that people could share videos like this.
Also pr0n

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
This is for being able to watch flash videos out of YouTube. Like..... pr0n...
It's not actually Flash player running, rather HTML5 video. It requires less memory, but displays in a poorer quality. That's why the videos you see on the app are low-quality Motion JPEG intead of a (in terms of 3DS) RAM-needy Flash-displayed MOV.

Reactions: Margen67

patientx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I built a simple web server with some mp4 and flv files that are taken from youtube, 3ds won't recognise them. It tries to open them as normal text files. Maybe a simple media server ... I don't know. And for other media sites , youtube app closes , probably not enough memory. Do you have any particular video that worked with this method on other sites ?

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
I built a simple web server with some mp4 and flv files that are taken from youtube, 3ds won't recognise them. It tries to open them as normal text files. Maybe a simple media server ... I don't know. And for other media sites , youtube app closes , probably not enough memory. Do you have any particular video that worked with this method on other sites ?
Currently, I'm working with taking a video, making it fit the 400x240 3DS screen resolution, and embedding it on an otherwise blank page, because I don't think any other media site has that low-resolution video. Also, how did you embed the videos? I believe only MP4, OGG and WEBM videos can be embedded in HTML5, not FLV. If you want, you can email me and we can discuss more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol