Hacking [EASY] Solderless Trinket M0 dongle with 1" connector and CR2032 battery

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for those who...

1.Don't know how to solder and/or don't want to buy soldering equipment for a, potential, 1 time use

2.Want quick and easy access to spare dongle parts, if {when...battery} necessary

3.Want everything open source so they know what's going into their Switch

The 'hardest' part of this is the, initial, wait for shipping because I went for the best prices I could find.

Buy 2, 1 as a backup or split the costs with someone else!

Have used this, flawlessly, many times!

Cut off about 3"/76mm wire, strip off long enough ends around on each side of the wire {leaving enough plastic on the middle of the wire}, and wrap around the connectors. For each wraparound, tug a little to get a stable grip. About 5 should suffice. Do as many as it takes to make it feel secure to you.

Bat to {+}
Gnd to {-}

Make sure your Trinket M0 has a button. As you can see in the 3rd photo above 'Trinket M0' at the bottom, mine doesn't {didn't notice it right away}. I tapped some ALUMINUM foil in that section until the UF2 boot loader menu came up on my computer, then I copy, pasted, and overrode the UF2 file on the Trinket M0.

To hold the Trinket M0 to the CR2032 holder, I am using some poster putty and it holds very well. You could, carefully, place a little hot glue to hold it in place. I'm using a little bit of putty on the smooth side of the micro USB OTG adapter to hold it in place with the USB C OTG, as well.

That little plastic square you see is some shrink plastic tinkering I'm doing to make a case, but that requires sealing and stuff... You could use painter's tape or, maybe, find a Lilypad file to 3D print at home or a library.

Items used and price examples...

Photos...

dO7jzY5.jpg
YBsCJzJ.jpg

N8XLTIf.jpg

nVJEWiZ.jpg

P1yCo01.jpg

Last edited by DollyWhipDoll,
Reactions: Don Jon

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obsessed with placing people on ignore aren't you Dolly? Get a life my friend.

If you require help with your dongle feel free to get in touch.

qwasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could have get an Gemma M0 instead of a Trinket. The Gemma is same as a Trinket, but has a plug for a battery pack. So no soldering needed.
And the micro usb and usb c adapters are really nice.

Reactions: DollyWhipDoll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple