Easy Backup Wizard software

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by growill, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009

Easy Backup Wizard software by growill at 8:00 AM (1,176 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. growill
    OP

Newcomer growill Newbie

Australia
    Hi, i'm a new user here but i've been learning from your oceanic wisdom and knowledge for a while!

I know that making backup copies of my original wii games without a proper lg drive would take few steps and is not all that hard, but anyway browsing and searching through the internet i found this page about an apparently new software: Easy Backup Wizard

I've been reading reviews and everyone seems hell happy but i couldn't find any info about if you would still need or not a particular dvdrw drive, on the website they say that you won't need any particular/extra hw.

Has anyone tried it? Can someone tell me anything more?

Thx for attention!

2. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's a scam. Leave it alone. You pay for information on how to back your games up, probably with links to download what would otherwise be free software.

I know for Wii you NEED one of four LG DVD-ROM drives, and for the Xbox 360 you NEED a certain drive flashed with Kreon firmware.

If you want to backup your Wii games, connect a USB thumb drive to your Wii, run a USB loader, install to USB, plug the USB into your PC and use WBFS manager to extract the ISO ready for burning.

Of course, you might already know this is a scam, especially with a post count of 1 and joining only 2 hours ago.

EDIT: This site is done by the same fine people as http://homebreware.com/, go figure!

3. growill
    OP

Newcomer growill Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the info, i was a bit sceptical but i was trusting the reviews i could find everywhere, i kind of felt it was a scam and you confirmed my thoughts!

Thanks again, just remember that sometimes people that register to ask a question are just people that know how to use the "search" button and didn't need to ask anything before, but i know what you mean anyway.

Thank you again!

4. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah, if someone is new it's a 50/50 thing for me.

5. claud10

Newcomer claud10 Member

Canada
    What has worked fine for me so far is DVD Dumper by Waninkoko. It s a small application that runs under HBC and that, amon other capabilities, rips a disk from the wii to a computer through the WIFI.
    DOWNLOAD HERE