Hardware Easter Eggs

ShadowInferno119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but with the new 3D effect, they're will probably be PLENTY of Easter eggs, and other hidden content for those adventure and 100% junkies out there.

one way something looks one way then rotate the camera around and displaying the 3D another way, who knows..

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yuyuyup said:
I invented this theory years ago and debunked it even before that

Haha, 'invented this theory'....ummmm pretty sure other ppl may have had the idea before you, and as for 'debunking' it...I think it seems very likely.

You may have meant this as a joke, hence the 'debunked it even before that', and if so I apologize for being too literal in my interpretation, but come on... of course there will be little easter eggs and hidden items (especially in rpgs) that one can find by changing the screen perspective, if indeed it works but changing the graphics with regard to head position and tilt as determined by the camera and motion sensor ( saw a video demonstration of what 3D on the 3DS might look like).

If it's true 3D ( which I don't see as possible without glasses) then yes, it would prove difficult if not impossible to insert easter eggs 'behind' sprites and such on a screen as it would only be 3D whilst looking at it from a relatively head on angle.

Could be wrong, might be right.... I love conjecture.

ShadowInferno119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overman1977 said:
yuyuyup said:

Haha, 'invented this theory'....ummmm pretty sure other ppl may have had the idea before you, and as for 'debunking' it...I think it seems very likely.

You may have meant this as a joke, hence the 'debunked it even before that', and if so I apologize for being too literal in my interpretation, but come on... of course there will be little easter eggs and hidden items (especially in rpgs) that one can find by changing the screen perspective, if indeed it works but changing the graphics with regard to head position and tilt as determined by the camera and motion sensor ( saw a video demonstration of what 3D on the 3DS might look like).

If it's true 3D ( which I don't see as possible without glasses) then yes, it would prove difficult if not impossible to insert easter eggs 'behind' sprites and such on a screen as it would only be 3D whilst looking at it from a relatively head on angle.

It is, and has been proven for awhile now that it is "true 3D" And it is perfectly possible with out 3D glasses. The screen's resolution is divided in half, 400 pixels per eye. Only one eye see's one part of the 400 pixels and the other eye see's the other 400 pixels. And its put together to make the 3D Effect.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmmm, I have to admit that this confuses me a bit....how does the 3DS determine what any one of my eyes is seeing? With binocular vision, both eyes view the same thing and the disparity in the physical distance between the eyes accounts for the perception of depth (both eyes viewing the same object from slightly different angles). although some depth perception is based on visual cues such as size relativity and object obfuscation.

Would you be able to explain what the 3DS does to create a 3D effect a little more, or point me to a site that explains it....I'm very interested.

Thank you.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's kind of like adjustable vertical blinds that redirect the light to your eyes individually

it's a way of displaying stereoscopic images without having to fix the focus of the eyes

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowInferno119 said:
Overman1977 said:
yuyuyup said:

It is, and has been proven for awhile now that it is "true 3D" And it is perfectly possible with out 3D glasses. The screen's resolution is divided in half, 400 pixels per eye. Only one eye see's one part of the 400 pixels and the other eye see's the other 400 pixels. And its put together to make the 3D Effect.
Yay! Someone else not totally oblivious to not new tech! I wish I could find the source of where I originally saw this tech demonstrated!

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
man littlebigplannet would be a perfect 3ds game for 3dness.. and easter eggs.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overman1977 said:
yuyuyup said:

If you look carefully on the 3DS screen in the demonstration videos you can see a polarised layer on the top screen which is basically the glasses, so I believe it will be "true" 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c