Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got:
- A Wii
- A USB (Largest one I own is a 16GB)
- HDD (I got a few spare IDEs lying around and an extra Sata)
- Twilight Princess

I want some guides... That don't require mod-chips.

Thanks,
Splych

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Splych said:
I got:
- A Wii
- A USB (Largest one I own is a 16GB)
- HDD (I got a few spare IDEs lying around and an extra Sata)
- Twilight Princess

I want some guides... That don't require mod-chips.

Thanks,
Splych

1,450 posts and you dont know what to do???

install HBC with bannerbomb, install bootmii, dvdx with hbc.
back up nand with bootmii
install ciosrev14
get a loader (ie neogamma for discs/usb/sd, and beardfaces coverfloader for usb only but looks great)
get some isos and away you go.
check the forums for further info

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome. Thanks guys. Oh and yea, TJ is right, my posts came from the NDS Section of the forum. I used to post like crazy to help out people, but now, I usually just look around the forum wondering if anyone needs help.

Will check out all those guides you guys told me to try out.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Teh H4rRy said:

Thanks for the link to that. I've been reading these forums for a month now humming and hawwing about whether or not to go ahead and start playing around with SoftMods. I was gonna check out the WiiKeyII but being poor and procrastinating aren't two good cominations. Between the Bible, FAQs, Stickies and now that guide above, I am going to attempt to get the USB Loader GX up and running.

I've had previous experience loading WADs via the TP hack a long time ago, but since have upgraded to 4.0 and never really bothered to try anything new out. Reading these forums at work has me excited to be playing again, so I'll be taking my North American Wii with 4.0 and my 80 GB laptop drive via USB 2.0 enclosure out for spin and I'll report back how things have gone. Later this week. Big thanks to the senior members and Mods of these forums, doing a great job!!!!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Do NOT use the mikeandheth tutorial. It's hopelessly out of date. The TBR method is much easier, and the mikeandheth method ignores a few things like telling you which USB port to use. Follow one of the more recently updated ones...like in my sig or the stickies.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update. I was looking at the tutorial on the top stickied page as well, the only thing I'm wondering now is which loader to choose. I liked the simplicity of the GX Loader, though the GUI in the one in your link also looks nice!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Caliban said:
Thanks for the update. I was looking at the tutorial on the top stickied page as well, the only thing I'm wondering now is which loader to choose. I liked the simplicity of the GX Loader, though the GUI in the one in your link also looks nice!
Configurable is also the most stable of the loaders from many accounts, including other loader coders. Use the worded link in my sig to get simple instructions to install it and configure it exactly the way you want.

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well then that would explain the tons of stars next to it and why it's at the top of the Bible then. I've been reading these forums for a good month and starting at the beginning of the threads so you can guess I'm a little overwhelmed in trying to first understand then catch up to where the scene currently is. I'm a slight n00b to this, but I did used to code C++ and ain't no slouch, just learning a new scene!

I shouldn't have a problem with BannerBomb and getting HBC on there, and I will definiately upgrade my Wii to 4.1 tonight and start making all the preps for my SD card and USB drive and will go with Cofigurable as my choice of loader. Then start playing around with ISO's and different methods to see what I can get! w00t, thanks!

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Caliban said:
Well then that would explain the tons of stars next to it and why it's at the top of the Bible then. I've been reading these forums for a good month and starting at the beginning of the threads so you can guess I'm a little overwhelmed in trying to first understand then catch up to where the scene currently is. I'm a slight n00b to this, but I did used to code C++ and ain't no slouch, just learning a new scene!

I shouldn't have a problem with BannerBomb and getting HBC on there, and I will definiately upgrade my Wii to 4.1 tonight and start making all the preps for my SD card and USB drive and will go with Cofigurable as my choice of loader. Then start playing around with ISO's and different methods to see what I can get! w00t, thanks!

Sorry if I'm late but does bannerbomb even work on 4.1?
Why not just keep the current firmware you have and use that since its less likely patched preventing you to use certain stuff.
Updating officially from Nintendo is not always a good idea.

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
xDlmaoxD said:
Caliban said:

Why not just keep the current firmware you have and use that since its less likely patched preventing you to use certain stuff.

Yes bannerbomb even work on 4.1
yaynds.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Caliban said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.1

AFAIK from reading other threads on here, 4.1 hasn't had too many problems (BannerBomb is unaffected) but I suppose I'll wait until I read and hear some more. I've seen on other threads you can go ahead and update as normal via Nintendo to 4.1 from 4.0 but I'll hold off!
I usually recommend that if you're on 4.0: update to 4.1 (to avoid the bug that makes WSR keep playing the video). Otherwise, only update if you want to run your VC and Wiiware stuff off the SD card and/or access the Wii Shop. As for updating officially, it is safe as long as you haven't done any highly destructive stuff to your Wii (system menu hack, cIOScorp, etc.). You could use Waninkoko's updater, but there is currently no need to do so, seeing that both BannerBomb and the Trucha Bug Restorer work fine on all Wiis; even LU64/65.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xDlmaoxD said:

The reasons why you want to update ...

Game compatibility. If you are on 3.2 certain games won't run (like Madworld) won't run because they are looking for new or update IOS files that didn't exist until the 3.4 update. You can install them on 3.2 through Wad Manager, but it's a hassle.

SDHC that came with the 4.0 update is the biggest reason to update imo. Run homebrew off SDHC cards. I have a 16gb card with every single NES, SNES, Genesis, and GBA rom that exists. Play Wiiware/VC games off the SDHC card. I have every Wiiware, Neo-Geo VC, and N64 VC wad installed on it as well. You can't do that with 3.2.

There is nothing Nintendo 'patched out' between 3.2 - 4.1 apart from the Twilight Hack and that became obsolete with the release of the Bannerbomb exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1