Easiest way to use codes on Retail Mario Sunshine Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by matroc, Mar 15, 2013.

1. matroc
    OP

Newcomer matroc Newbie

United States
    My son loves Mario, but this game is a bit tough for him. I wanted to help him out with some codes. I checked local game shops in the area for action replay and getting zip. This is something I want to do for him this weekend tonight if possible. So the wii is all softmodded and ready to go. I'm just trying to find the easiest solution. All the tuts seem to be about using a backup. Which I guess I can back the game up and then use codes. But even that seems a bit tricky, I have to use MIOSDIOS? I'm not exactly sure where to even find the most recent version of that, plus reading conflicting things about it. If there is some way to run codes like lets say off a SD card or USB and then to the disc? If so please for the love of Jesus and giving my child something to do that I know will keep his attention for sweet hours at a time this weekend and all that is holy if someone could help me. (that was more of a Chris Farley thing, not a Jesus Freak thing)

So if back is the answer, can someone tell me best homebrew app to install and if feeling very generous direct me to an actual link. I love when you dig and dig for an answer and you find a bunch of forums where other people have asked the question you are looking for and there is no answer or a couple other people replying...HEY YEAH ME TOO! ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER? OR Even more fun is when you find the answer and someone has posted a link to the weird software that you've never heard of and you click the link and its dead because of USER VIOLATION or something like that. ARGHHGG! That was me screaming frustration via text talk letters not sneezing. Okay so if anyone can help me with their brains that are smarter than mine. I would like to use a lifeline please on this one and call a friend. YOU!!!

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The easiest way would be getting an Action Replay disc and memory card kit. It comes with an added bonus of SD Media Launcher which will allow you to boot homebrew on the Gamecube. ;)

Wait, I've just read that you're playing on the Wii, nevermind. I'm pretty sure there's a cheat engine for the system, Ocarina and whatnot but I never use'em so I wouldn't know. ;)

3. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    If you can get MIOS v4 (or earlier, I suppose) installed on your Wii, the Gamecube Action Replay will work. And there's really no reason to use a MIOS higher than that, at least no one's ever given a good reason other than "it's the latest".

4. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The best MIOS to use is the cMIOS from neogamma (HERE).
    Then use Swiss Booter to boot Swiss-GC.
    Swiss comes with an embedded cheats database, so you shouldn't need anything else, but there is an editor on the download page if you want to add more.
    No need for an Action Replay, or to buy anything at all. All you need is a GC compatible Wii.

5. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    If you've got DiosMios installed, go to USBloader GX and use the ocarina tool. That should work.

6. Supercool330

United States
    I would assume that since he is using retail games, he doesn't want to bother with DIOS MIOS

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    There is a special version of GeckoOS (a Wii homebrew app) that loads codes for GC games. However, it was too much hassle for me; Configurable USB Loader and DIOS MIOS worked perfectly together, and I was laughing so hard clipping with hyperspeed.:evil:

8. matroc
    OP

Newcomer matroc Newbie

United States
    Hey thanks guys. So, I found a copy of CMIOS and the Swiss Cheese thing and installed it all and now Swiss Crashes upon boot up. I know i did everything via the instructions.

Its unbelievable how crazy hard it is to cheat on GC games. This is a hurdle I've struggled with for awhile now.

Anybody know any other way or just a simple backup tool that will allow me to backup Mario Sunshine to our USB. For some reason I can only do this with WII games not Game Cube games.

Anyways, thanks again to all of you for taking the time to check out and try and lend a hand regardless.

9. Supercool330

United States
    If Swiss didn't work, you could try WiiPower's mod of GeckoOS that supports GC (download, source). Use the cMIOS I linked to previously.