Easiest way to rebuild a CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DarkFlare69, Jul 18, 2016.

1. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I haven't been doing much decrypting / rebuilding lately, so what's the easiest way to rebuild a CIA? I have the exheader, exefs, and romfs. I know there is ways to do it, because I did it long ago, but I'm wondering the easiest way and programs needed.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You also need a header and plain region...

In my opinion, once you memorize the commands and understand what they do, the easiest way is with the trinity (check out the CXI link in my sig)! It is also by far the most flexible set of tools!

3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    plain region isn't required. if it really is, just create a 512 byte file filled with null/00 bytes.

if you only have exheader/exefs/romfs, you'll probably need to get an rsf file somehow.

4. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I never touched RSF Files. The way I did it before was to use 3DS Builder.exe to build a .3DS, then generate xorpads, then use 3DS Lazy to convert 3DS to CIA. I was wondering if there was a way to just build a .CIA instead of going through that every time.