Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hi.
I have a 10yr old modded ps2 that is sadly finally giving up - lasers dying.
Having that in mind , I started looking around for ways to load my games off ext. hdd , just like i do with my wii.
I read about hdd loaders and free mcboot , but Im not really up to date with this scene so Im asking you guys i whats the best way to get my old ps2 up and running with hdd.
It is also important to me that dvd9 games would work, but according to what ive read so far id have to be using fat32 so no luck i guess..

thanks in advance for filling me in on this matter !

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. PS2esdl Nice GUI usbloading only. the compatibility in not very high since USB loading is limited ot USB 1.1 on ps2 but it work for a lot of games dvd9 or not.
2. You could invest in a network adapter; that will let you load from a IDE hard drive with high compatibility.
3. There's always the BC PS3 way the most compatible but the more expensive way.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
whats the best way to get my old ps2 up and running with hdd.
freeMCboot (exploit-softmod)
openPS2loader (software, included in FMCBoot noobie package)

It is also important to me that dvd9 games would work, but according to what ive read so far id have to be using fat32 so no luck i guess..
doesn't matter, there's a software that split iso in >4gb part (found in official OPS2Loader tutorial)
if using a network drive, formatting in exfat allow the use of 4gb+ iso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass