Hacking Easiest way to go from 9.2 sysnand/11.*** reinand CFW to A9LH type CFW?

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I did the whole downgrading thing/seperation of nands back when it was all the craze and it has been a long time since I've used anything other than the latest Reinand on my emunand which is on update 11.4 or something. The main reason I would love to switch to an arm9loader type cfw is so I don't have to use Boot NTR to access my N3DS's cpu/L2 cache every bootup, plus I hear it can run GBA games.

Basically, can someone help me by telling me if I will have an easier time switching over to a9hl since I already have an emunand made? Or am I going to have to do a lot of work to get rid of the seperated nands and Menuhax bootloading methods I currently use? I just want to know what the simplest and most straightforward route I should safely take from the cfw I am on. The wiki guide confuses me because it talks about doing all this downgrading when I thought I already did those types of things ages ago, and I don't really understand what rednand is and why I can't just use reinand? Thanks a ton in advance for anyone out there that tries to help a lazy dumb sap like myself xD

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yes I posted it here because I think the other area was the wrong sub forum, dunno how to delete the other thread sorry
Just follow from part 4
But first delete the reinand folder and the boot.3dsx and replace with luma3ds stuff(Luma folder and the 3ds folder).
From there put the boot.3dsx found in smea's website(homebrew launcher) in the root of the sd card and follow the guide from here if you already have an emunand in the latest version
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

Reactions: beefsloth

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, I think that is all I was really looking for. Yes I am running Reinand ver. 4.2 or something on 11.4 or whichever is the latest update on my emunand. My sysnand is of course on 9.2 still and separated. I've just been mainly confused because I read all the time that you run luma/a9hl cfw's on sysnand instead of emunand. Another big question if you could please answer this is will I need to redownload all of my games currently installed on my emunand or does that easily transfer over or simple as copying back and forth with my sd? I have a spare 32gb sd card if that helps at all

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Thanks for the help, I think that is all I was really looking for. Yes I am running Reinand ver. 4.2 or something on 11.4 or whichever is the latest update on my emunand. My sysnand is of course on 9.2 still and separated. I've just been mainly confused because I read all the time that you run luma/a9hl cfw's on sysnand instead of emunand. Another big question if you could please answer this is will I need to redownload all of my games currently installed on my emunand or does that easily transfer over or simple as copying back and forth with my sd? I have a spare 32gb sd card if that helps at all
When you finish the guide, your emunand will be flashed to your sysnand so you won't lose anything.
And yes in future times ,if you want to transfer anything it will be just copy and paste(if using UPDATED sysnand, not emunand) to the new SD card and you will keep everything.
Just follow the guide TO THE LETTER and everything will be okay

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
just double checking with you after reading the guide a bit. Are you saying that all my games/saves etc. will be flashed to my sysnand so I won't need to do any copy pasting unless I end up changing something in the future? Just making sure I understand what you mean thanks a lot again! Which CFW do you recomend for my n3ds if I want to have access to cpu/l2 settings without ntr ? I heard Luma does this i think

Hope this thread and your response helps others like myself since I couldn't find a similar topic when I searched.

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
just double checking with you after reading the guide a bit. Are you saying that all my games/saves etc. will be flashed to my sysnand so I won't need to do any copy pasting unless I end up changing something in the future? Just making sure I understand what you mean thanks a lot again! Which CFW do you recomend for my n3ds if I want to have access to cpu/l2 settings without ntr ? I heard Luma does this i think

Hope this thread and your response helps others like myself since I couldn't find a similar topic when I searched.
Luma does it without ntr.
Check in Luma settings.
Also, your emunand will be flashed to your sysnand meaning that your sysnand will have the content(games, etc) of your emunand. If you want a bigger SD in the future it will be just copy and paste, no need for emunand trickery

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Good luck on your hacking !
Make sure to not mess up and follow all the steps without doubting :P
Post here any doubt if you encounter any problem in the guide :P
Will do! I made it through the struggle of getting cfw on my n3ds at the height of its release without all the nice guides and safer methods out now, I really hope I do everything correctly on my first go and will definitely post here or hit you up with a pm if I mess up or have any interesting issues! :mthr::grog::toot:

Reactions: Davidosky99

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to format my emunand again like it says in the guide if I already separated my nnid from my sysnand/emunand a long time ago? Is this even so important that you wouldn't be able to fix a linked nand after downgrading? I'm guessing I shouldn't have to format my emunand but I'll wait to continue with the downgrade until I hear a response thanks!

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Do I need to format my emunand again like it says in the guide if I already separated my nnid from my sysnand/emunand a long time ago? Is this even so important that you wouldn't be able to fix a linked nand after downgrading? I'm guessing I shouldn't have to format my emunand but I'll wait to continue with the downgrade until I hear a response thanks!
YES you need to format it twice as stated in the guide, as it is important

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tip: I heard that formatting the Rednand/Emunand liks it with the Sysnand again and can break Menuhax...To prevent Menuhax from disappearing I switched my Theme in Emunand to the default blank one before starting with step 4 and I didn't have to reinstall Menuhax even after formatting sysnand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...