Easiest way to get xbla + dlc onto xbox 360 hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Feb 19, 2010.

1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi All,

Have read about ftp but still need more info.
    I think with ftp i grab the ip address of pc and also xbox and transfer the files that way.
    Is there a guide for the 360 using ftp?
    I have also seen the datel xsata has anyone used this with success?

Cheers Shane

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The address of the PC is largely irrelevant, the 360 address is vital and if it is not a static one (which you would already have) you should be able to grab that from your router (type in the router address, usually the same address as the gateway address which you can get from typing ipconfig at the command line in windows.

By and large using FTP for the 360 is the same as using FTP on anything- address, port (21), username and password (for xexmenu it is "xbox" for the user and pass). Directories are very much a "problem" of whatever you happen to be doing at the time (DLC, games, XBLA, general FTP, application specific folders...... indeed as things progress this might even change)

The datel xsata or indeed any of the sata adapters work fine for this sort of thing too, if you are especially bored then you can pull apart the drive case (will require some torx drivers on the small end of things) and plug it into a regular sata port.

3. moosh01

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    FTP fastest easiest way to do it!!!!!

4. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Ok do you have any basic instructions about FTP?
    Also does FTP allow me to move all files off and onto the drive or just selected?

Cheers

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    1. You'll probably want to grab an FTP client as your first step. I use Filezilla. Free, never nags me, does what I need it to do.

You just stick your connection info into site manager, and hit connect, pretty simple if you just give it a shot.

You'll need the IP# of the 360 for host, and then for the logon type choose "normal", user and password fields are usually both "xbox". And in the advanced tab, you want to check "active" for transfer mode.

You do have something on the 360 to act as FTP server, don't you? Like Xexmenu for instance? If not you're going to be wasting your time trying to FTP.

2. FTP allows you to copy whichever files you want off and onto the drive. It's almost the same as dragging and dropping between Windows explorer windows.

6. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You didn't mention it, but is your console JTAG?

Why I ask, is because a lot of other members ask similar questions and think they can just FTP/Copy files over like the original Xbox.

If you need help with a JTAG xbox, PM me.

Wynd