ROM Hack Easiest way to Backup Games as CIA ?

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I want to backup my game cartridges together with all the save games on them as CIA. So I can install them and use without to allways switch the cartridge itself. Dont wand to do some sort of Rom Hackings or so, just simple dumping as CIA.

What is the fastest / easiest way for it ? Dont found a tutorial. Im on sysNand 9.2 / emuNand 10.2, rxTools / PastaCFW, HBL (NinjaHax) all there.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey, I want to backup my game cartridges together with all the save games on them as CIA. So I can install them and use without to allways switch the cartridge itself. Dont wand to do some sort of Rom Hackings or so, just simple dumping as CIA.

What is the fastest / easiest way for it ? Dont found a tutorial. Im on sysNand 9.2 / emuNand 10.2, rxTools / PastaCFW, HBL (NinjaHax) all there.
You can't dump anything as CIA.
You need to:
- Use some CFW or Gateway to dump the cart.
- Use RxTools to dump/decrypt/generate the .XORPAD files.
- Use Simple .3DS to CIA Converter.
- Install CIA.
Links:
RxTools: http://www.rxtools.net/#!home
Simple 3DS to CIA: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
This is the easiest way possible right now to obtain legit .CIA files.

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, only a CIA that I can install. It is important that all the savegames will be inside, too.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, as far as I know, you can't do that. ( include the save file. ) I've converted many 3DS to CIA and it doesn't include the save. You can always start a new one, use a save editor and get back the point of the game you're at. But, I'll look it up.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems a little complicated for me to get the savegame dumped from the cartridge. But thank you for the help.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems a little complicated for me to get the savegame dumped from the cartridge. But thank you for the help.
What I like to do which I find easier is to install a CIA version of the game I want to rip and use the official save data transfer tool from the eShop. Now my save is on a CIA and I can dump it by simply using savedatafiler.

XyracX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I like to do which I find easier is to install a CIA version of the game I want to rip and use the official save data transfer tool from the eShop. Now my save is on a CIA and I can dump it by simply using savedatafiler.

I will try this method, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte