Hacking Easiest/ best way to being able to play non-legit CIAs on your 3DS?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi.
Which route is the easiest to take/ takes least effort if all I want to do is to be able to install and play non-legit CIA games? Because that´s the only reason I´m hacking my 3DS. Thanks in advance.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install A9LH + CFW and you're good to go. Takes about 1-2 hours at max. Presuming you have a functional browser and a firmware version below 11.0. If it is 11.0 you either need a hardmod or another hacked console.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I suposse to buy from eShop, but if you say to non-legit and unsigned CIA"s (that"s the most probably) I guess that using CFW trough EmuNand or Arm9LoaderHax according to your preference.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat Some countries are going to be in Winter very soon until some months, maybe it is related or not?
Maybe they are noticing all the holly growing getting ready for winter and it's affecting their subconscious :-p
Getting warmer here thank goodness, no holly to be seen :-D

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Maybe they are noticing all the holly growing getting ready for winter and it's affecting their subconscious :-p
Getting warmer here thank goodness, no holly to be seen :-D
but how is that wild life that is literally trying to kill all of mankind over in Australia doing ? :)
on a side note, A9LH is the best way to run non legit CIAs, as it's the most convenient, and if coupled with a modern CFW (luma, corbenik, ...), it can be pretty foolproof and futureproof.

Last edited by capito27,
Reactions: Quantumcat

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you all for your answers! A9lh seems to be the way to go. Just as I suspected. Sorry for replying so late!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a9lh is the best option, it takes about a hour of setup. you need a version <11.0 or another already hacked 3ds to begin with.

EDIT: here is the holly guide @Plailect himself made : https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
So basically after I complete the guide I only have to install the CIA through FBI and that's it? Btw have you ever heard of freeshop?

Last edited by ArviDroid,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you all for your answers! Ah9l seems to be the way to go. Just as I suspected. Sorry for replying so late!

So basically after I complete the guide I only have to install the CIA through FBI and that's it? Btw have you ever heard of freeshop?
yes, we all have heard of freeshop. you can use it to install your games too.

but you need to follow the guide and you need to be on a firmware below 11.0

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using A9lh is recommend, since it enables CFWs like Luma for example to enable firm protection and other stuff. The reason why homebrew and non-legit CIAs tend to break after a system update on consoles without A9lh is because certain things get patched during the update. With the firm protection these things are - as the name implies - protected and the patch(es) that usually break things can either be disabled or circumvented in some other way by the CFW of your choice.

TL;DR
If you would like to have an up-to-date system with non-legit CIAs installed and working without a future system update breaking anything, go for a9lh and a CFW of your choice (with Luma being the most used on). Once you installed A9lh and a CFW, it's a matter of turning on the 3ds, using FBI or Freeshop to install some games without worrying about anything else.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Using A9lh is recommend, since it enables CFWs like Luma for example to enable firm protection and other stuff. The reason why homebrew and non-legit CIAs tend to break after a system update on consoles without A9lh is because certain things get patched during the update. With the firm protection these things are - as the name implies - protected and the patch(es) that usually break things can either be disabled or circumvented in some other way by the CFW of your choice.

TL;DR
If you would like to have an up-to-date system with non-legit CIAs installed and working without a future system update breaking anything, go for a9lh and a CFW of your choice (with Luma being the most used on). Once you installed A9lh and a CFW, it's a matter of turning on the 3ds, using FBI or Freeshop to install some games without worrying about anything else.
You gave me pretty much all the info I wanted! Thanks a bunch!

D

Deleted User

You *could* install an emunand (which is easier to setup or so i heard) but is very unsafe and could stop working on newer firms. Not recommended, only mentioned cause afaik its faster to install

Reactions: ArviDroid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr