Hacking Easiest and quickest way to only play xbla games?

Luigi55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I would like to run xbla games I acquired online, and that's it. I have no interest in running backups of normal games or having a fancy gui/loader etc. I do not care if the console can't go online or gets banned etc. I just want to be able to copy over these xbla game folders over and install and run them. Can anyone recommend which console type I should get and what mod to use? Thanks for any help.

D

Deleted User

There's no quick an easy way. You need an RGH for your 360, and that requires soldering tiny wires. Unless you're good at that stuff it would require you probably hire someone to do it. Xbox 360 never got an easy software hack like Nintendo's consoles usually have.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, I would like to run xbla games I acquired online, and that's it. I have no interest in running backups of normal games or having a fancy gui/loader etc. I do not care if the console can't go online or gets banned etc. I just want to be able to copy over these xbla game folders over and install and run them. Can anyone recommend which console type I should get and what mod to use? Thanks for any help.
XBLA requires the most effort, if you just wanted to run backups of disc games that would be easy enough.
I suppose you could try to emulate them in Xenia if you have a powerful enough PC. Xenia runs well, but compatibility isn't great yet.

Luigi55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no quick an easy way. You need an RGH for your 360, and that requires soldering tiny wires. Unless you're good at that stuff it would require you probably hire someone to do it. Xbox 360 never got an easy software hack like Nintendo's consoles usually have.

I'll prob just buy a premod console. I see terms like, zephyr, falcon, ace v3, rgh, rgh2. What should I look for? Again all I want is to install and run xbla. Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Get a Slim RGH console.
It'll last you a long time.

I've got plenty of tutorials on installing things to the 360 on GBAtemp so you can familiarize yourself a bit with the console.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll prob just buy a premod console. I see terms like, zephyr, falcon, ace v3, rgh, rgh2. What should I look for? Again all I want is to install and run xbla. Thanks
Zephyr and Falcon refer to the motherboard type.
https://www.weekendmodder.com/identify.html

The older stuff might warrant different mods or have different responses.
Similarly I would myself not get anything older than a Jasper motherboard for the original family -- older boards are more prone to the RRoD (red ring of death) failure mode.

RGH.
There are two main families of 360 hardware mod to give you total control, though technically might be four plus people buying old dev kits.
King Kong is the original mod that allowed software control. Nobody will be doing that today and anything will have been converted to JTAG.
JTAG is then the first main category, sometimes called SMC hack among those doing the really low level hacks but everybody will know JTAG. It is a simpler to do mod (it involves soldering a few basic components to the board) but was blocked by an update many many years ago and did not make its way to full mod for a while after that so plenty had already updated.
No option for dual nand here but you do have total control.
RGH is what came later. Short for reset glitch hack, it exploits a flaw in the hardware but does not always work so may take a while to boot (why some will mention boot times, glitch times and the like) so has to reset until it does (said reset is also part of the process anyway). Can have dual nand (most would maintain a clean and a hacked version to allow online play) but not all will do this mod (lot of effort, not much gain).
RGH2 is a minor tweak on RGH that works around some of the blocks and is more useful in some types of motherboard.

ACEV3 is a type of mod chip that is installed. Quite a nice one and possibly an improvement over basic RGH chips which is probably why it is mentioned.

If you carry on searching around then you will possibly see profile sharing (people used to buy up lots of games on profiles, put it all online, have people download profiles and associated games and then could play games on those, MS stopped it years ago), live2CON (the main format for the 360 is called STFS, it has three main sub formats with Live being XBLA, DLC and the like and CON being saves, sometimes it was possible to force things in Live format that needs to be signed by MS into CON that can be signed by your own console and play things accordingly) and maybe mention of a handful of bypass techniques (a handful of games have had versions where you could bypass the end of demo block -- each XBLA demo is in fact the full game). All are basically dead, save maybe one of the bypass techniques.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Luigi55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the info Fast6191, good stuff! Lastly does anyone know of a guide or app to install xbla stuff?

Luigi55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinohScene probably covers that in one of his guides. I could tell you if it's not in there.

Well, I just looked at all 13 guides in the guide section, and the 2 stickies in this section. Just not seeing anything about how to Install xbla game folders. If there is a guide please push me in the right direction. I don't want to waste anyone's time, thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just looked at all 13 guides in the guide section, and the 2 stickies in this section. Just not seeing anything about how to Install xbla game folders. If there is a guide please push me in the right direction. I don't want to waste anyone's time, thanks.

use yaris swap, organize lazouzzz, content manager, or xm360 to unlock the content. xbla can go anywhere as long as you point to it with FSD/Aurora. dlc must be on an xbox formatted (fatx) disk. I only put mine on internal in hdd1/content/ (32 0s)/title ids iirc. 000D00000 is xbla, 00000002 is dlc and xblig, 000B00000 is updates. there are more for xbox and 360 containers/god games, demos, etc., but those folders go in the title id folders.

Luigi55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use yaris swap, organize lazouzzz, content manager, or xm360 to unlock the content. xbla can go anywhere as long as you point to it with FSD/Aurora. dlc must be on an xbox formatted (fatx) disk. I only put mine on internal in hdd1/content/ (32 0s)/title ids iirc. 000D00000 is xbla, 00000002 is dlc and xblig, 000B00000 is updates. there are more for xbox and 360 containers/god games, demos, etc., but those folders go in the title id folders.

Thanks, I've looked into all these (and see you on other websites now lol) content manager seems like the way to go. Though xm360 seems to be ok as well? Thanks again for all the help guys.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, xm360 will work on the system itself. I made some databases of it as it can also check what dlc and xbla games are missing on your system based on container id. I thought of something similar with the ps3 with content id, and I think aldostools made something like that. I mentioned it to him a while back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if...