Hacking EASIER guide to HBC on 4.0 w/out downgrade

Amantis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefire, I can get to step
2) Run BannerBomb. IOS35 should install over the network. If it errors, there is no issue.
And while its installing, it gets to part 8 of 15 or so, and my Wii freezes. Wiimote wont work or anything I have to hold the power button on the wii to hard reset.

Ive tried other guides and loaded other homebrew (like WiiPhysics) and it all freezes after like a minute and a half out of te blue, what could be going wrong?

D

Deleted-171178

icefire,where did you get the loadmii wad from? As i posted one on the wadder forums :-)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not legal and it's not smart.

It's not legal, because i doubt, you are allowed to upload a HBC.wad, do you have team twizzers' permission for this? And i just assume, it's a legal LoadMii.wad with a legal NAND loader, banner ...

And it's not smart, it will 1. not work on LU64+ Wiis and 2. if you try it on these Wiis, everything that uses IOS35 will stop working.

PS: You claim it's w/o downgrade, but it includes an IOS downgrade which as i mentioned, doesn't work on LU64+ Wiis. People with LU64+ Wiis might have heard that they can't downgrade, read your title and trust that it works, because of your title.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It's not legal and it's not smart.

It's not legal, because i doubt, you are allowed to upload a HBC.wad, do you have team twizzers' permission for this? And i just assume, it's a legal LoadMii.wad with a legal NAND loader, banner ...

And it's not smart, it will 1. not work on LU64+ Wiis and 2. if you try it on these Wiis, everything that uses IOS35 will stop working.

PS: You claim it's w/o downgrade, but it includes an IOS downgrade which as i mentioned, doesn't work on LU64+ Wiis. People with LU64+ Wiis might have heard that they can't downgrade, read your title and trust that it works, because of your title.
where is the IOS downgrader in the pack? cause i cant see it.
i believe the wads he is using are legal.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This guide downgrades IOS35, are you blind? That's something that kills IOS35 on 'unsoftmoddable' Wiis. If you don't know that it's ok, but if somebody writes a guide, claims it's better and doesn't do a downgrade, that's stupid.

About the HBC.wad, i doubt anybody has the permission to pack that into his package. The only source where you can legally download it, is hackmii.com.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not bannerbomb doing the IOS downgrade, it's comex dvdx installer. The more i look at this guide the more i see that i don't like. Normally in a guide it's explained at least which applications are used and the information why is missing.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm with WiiPower here.
The wads are not legal to include in the pack, unless the author gives you permission.
Furthermore, it's clearly stated in the title this does not in any way downgrade, yet step 4 has you downgrading IOS35.

Please fix the title and atleast state what each step does, so as to not trick people into bricking their wii.
LU64+ owners: DO NOT TRY THIS

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kedest said:
What will happen on LU64+ wii's?
Will it just fail or perhaps even brick?
It will fail.
Installing the HBC via WAD will give you the middle finger, and will make updates useless (if there'll be one).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:

It will kill your IOS35. As a result everything that uses IOS35 will stop working. It's not really a brick, but bad enough that you want to avoid this at all costs.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm with WiiPower on this one. LU64+ LTF Wii users will end up with a version of IOS35 which will be useless on your wii and will cause black screens and is a pain in the ass.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ON LU64+ or LTF - I am sure there are other serial numbers, but I don't have anymore to hand.

I aim to put a list out soon with a the different serial numbers we have seen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would be nice to have some homebrew to detect if a Wii is an unsoftmoddable one. I mean detect it without installing anything. With that, i'm sure there would be an all-in-one installer for the HBC that downgrades IOS35 if it's safe.

R

ruiner9

Davi92 said:
kedest said:
It will fail.
Installing the HBC via WAD will give you the middle finger, and will make updates useless (if there'll be one).

Untrue. I used a .wad package (beta 8) to install last night. It game me the middle finger but was able to upgrade, and was fine after that.

I can't say much to the validity of this method.... I have a launch-day Wii, upgraded with Waninkoko's 4.0 process, and then (like an idiot) deleted my HBC. So all I had to do was use a downgrader and a Wad Manager and I was back in action again. But at least I can say that an improperly installed HBC channel can be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.