EA's latest would-be blunder (game prices)

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure you guys are going off topic. But it doesn't really matter now. If you like, you can start a new thread discussing classic ninty games that you got and how often you play them, etc.

Objection.
I discuss what i want. Where I want until I get banned.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So let me get this straight, a random youtube video or retailer site tells you the RRP/MSRP of next gen games that haven't been released? And this is somehow a clear state of the prices to come? You can basically find high prices for any game if you want.

I've got a pre-order running for Tales of Xillia D1 edition at 35 euros. I can just as well find a retailer selling the same D1 edition for 65-75 euros. And it's a game that hasn't been released. Trusting just one retailer won't mean much. Sure you can make a video and complain, but this is far from anything set in stone. Europe has had the short end of all the sticks for the last 10 years or so so this is nowhere near news. Unfortunately the USD to EUR or USD to GBP is just brutal to compare prices without anything else. And of course the US prices don't have the added tax (VAT?), which is already in the EU prices.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, a random youtube video or retailer site tells you the RRP/MSRP of next gen games that haven't been released? And this is somehow a clear state of the prices to come? You can basically find high prices for any game if you want.

I've got a pre-order running for Tales of Xillia D1 edition at 35 euros. I can just as well find a retailer selling the same D1 edition for 65-75 euros. And it's a game that hasn't been released. Trusting just one retailer won't mean much. Sure you can make a video and complain, but this is far from anything set in stone. Europe has had the short end of all the sticks for the last 10 years or so so this is nowhere near news. Unfortunately the USD to EUR or USD to GBP is just brutal to compare prices without anything else. And of course the US prices don't have the added tax (VAT?), which is already in the EU prices.

Wow, it's weird that you're on topic... um, well consider this like the announcement of the DRM on Xbox One, except this is still up in the air; it might not happen. And I've never heard of a preorder price being that low. That must be one consumer savvy game shop.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh America.
Console games come to about $72 already here.

When I was in Finland they were even higher >-> Can't even remember the exact amounts but...59.99 euros? thats like $82 CAD. Might've been higher but I think that was it.

Anyway, exactly why I pirate and only buy games worth paying for that I know I like, or waiting for big price drops.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh America.
Console games come to about $72 already here.

When I was in Finland they were even higher >-> Can't even remember the exact amounts but...59.99 euros? thats like $82 CAD. Might've been higher but I think that was it.

Anyway, exactly why I pirate and only buy games worth paying for that I know I like, or waiting for big price drops.

Wow, yeah. I try to get my games as cheap as possible; I can get a good deal of games for 15 to 20 dollars. (Inflation's raised the prices a bit...) Buying games isn't supposed to severely deplete your piggy bank.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
. And I've never heard of a preorder price being that low. That must be one consumer savvy game shop.

I think it's more of a case of gaem prices generally being converted. I've got Tales of Xilla ordered for £34, Tearaway for £22, Pupeteer for £22. Heck the most expensive gaem I have pre ordered is Shin Megami Tensei IV at £35.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and thats why Game & Blockbusters is going bust.

They're going out of business because their prices are too high? That's... great. I wish our companies in the States would do the same. Because then other game stores might see that the ones who sell games that are too expensive ($60) are going out of business. And, they'd lower the prices in their stores to stay in business. :lol:

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's more of a case of gaem prices generally being converted. I've got Tales of Xilla ordered for £34, Tearaway for £22, Pupeteer for £22. Heck the most expensive gaem I have pre ordered is Shin Megami Tensei IV at £35.
Yeah, that sounds more like it. Also, I'm curious about how you spell "game".

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
They're going out of business because their prices are too high? That's... great. I wish our companies in the States would do the same. Because then other game stores might see that the ones who sell games that are too expensive ($60) are going out of business. And, they'd lower the prices in their stores to stay in business. :lol:

online stores has taken over already.

Yeah, that sounds more like it. Also, I'm curious about how you spell "game".

thats how you spell gaem.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get the whole 'teens are the only play CoD players.' When I was working at GAME we had a shitload of twenty and thirtysomethings waiting at 8am on launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality