Earthworm Jim 2 and Dig Dug are being added to Nintendo Switch Online's game library

Most of the additions to Nintendo Switch Online have focused on the Sega Genesis or Nintendo 64 side of things, in order to interest players in subscribing to the Expansion Pack plan. Besides just Earthbound, not much change has happened for either the NES or the SNES in the last few months. However, the tail-end of March sees some new games arriving on the NES and SNES library: Dig Dug and Mappy-Land are now available to play, originally released for the NES, while Earthworm Jim 2 has been added to the SNES collection. Curiously, Earthworm Jim 2 is playable on Nintendo Switch Online, while the first game in the series is yet to be added. All three games are now live and playable.

Earthworm Jim 2 Return to the wacky world of Earthworm Jim! In this wild platformer released for the Super NES™ console in 1995, you worm your way back into your super suit and take on the role of Jim, the annelid with attitude! The plot picks up after Jim's successful rescue of Princess What's-Her-Name and his less-than-successful attempts to woo her immediately thereafter. Just when it seemed the princess would have a change of heart, the evil Psy-Crow swooped in and kidnapped her, eager to claim the crown for himself. Now it's up to Jim to stop their wedding, following their trail from planet to planet. But he's not alone this time—his pal Snott is along for the ride. Jump, shoot, swing, and slime your way across 10 different levels, catch Psy-Crow, and rescue the girl of Jim's dreams!

DIG DUG II Help DIG DUG rid the island of vacation-crashing intruders! DIG DUG has decided to take a vacation on a remote island, but the POOKA and FYGAR won't give him the chance to rest! In each round, clear out the enemies by inflating them until they burst or by digging up traps for them to fall into. But be careful that you don't get too close to their attacks or fall into your own traps!

MAPPY-LAND Help MAPPY make it back to the party in time! MAPPY the police mouse has prepared all kinds of wonderful presents for MAPICO and MAPPY Jr. But the big cheese of the feline world, NYAMCO, has ordered his clowder “MEOWKIES” to hide the presents throughout MAPPYLAND. If he's going to get the gifts to their intended recipients on time, MAPPY will have to double-time it on finding them! Avoid and activate traps to knock out those crafty cats headed your way. You can also use special items hidden in the level to distract them. Collect six of the same presents to move on to another stage. Can MAPPY make it through all eight towns and survive the onslaught of claws?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Earthworm Jim? Jeez, I was hoping that was long gone. :glare:
What is the matter with Earthworm Jim and at least its first sequel?

I don't know that I would suggest them for those looking for some kind of platform/movement mastery a la 16 bit sonic or most non Galaxy mario games but amusing games with a few jokes, some nice art and that mix it up enough to keep things fresh throughout.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont even see why nintendo bother with this utter shit subscription service.

Who in the right mind wants to pay for old crap you can freely emulate on pretty much any device.

Just proves how nintendo lack innovation.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont even see why nintendo bother with this utter shit subscription service.

Who in the right mind wants to pay for old crap you can freely emulate on pretty much any device.

Just proves how nintendo lack innovation.
Because they can drain your wallet over time. You drop the cash expecting things to improve, then they screw you and you think it's not so bad, next time surely will be better, they'll live up to their promise. Rinse and repeat until Nintendo makes another billion.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they can drain your wallet over time. You drop the cash expecting things to improve, then they screw you and you think it's not so bad, next time surely will be better, they'll live up to their promise. Rinse and repeat until Nintendo makes another billion.
Exactly the same when it comes to their consoles.

Keep promising better support, but what they really mean is all the games they lacked yet again.

And nintendo fanboys are all deluded sheep that claim nintendo to be innovative when all they do is release cheap inferior hardware with bullshit gimmicks to make it sound better than it is.

They clearly can't be arsed with the switch with its endless old lazy ports and BOTW was and I dont care what paid for critics or fans say, it is a boring sack of shit.

They cant be arsed to even make a new game and just throw all its planned dlc as a new game.

Look at Mario kart, same shit ported, but your charged to buy the actual new levels ect as dlc.

Talk about taking the piss.

Its a good job that fanboys and girls are deluded and faithful sheep, If they weren't then nintendont would have lost the console race decades ago.

All they do is try copy off the tablet concept again and aparently they invented the idea....

Each time nintendo release a new console I find my game list is smaller and smaller, fact even shows in game stores how nintendo keeps getting smaller.

But all they care about is their own games, well, no, but you get my drift.

When they intentionally release old inferior hardware, then third parties can't support them with their new AAA titles, the games we want to play, games that sell millions in a matter or days/weeks.

And it leaves the market open for their same old shit recycled titles to sell better with no competition.

Then we look at console features too, how they even lack the basics because they're too cheap, no WiFi casting to TV or remote play, no Bluetooth for audio.

I mean its pretty pathetic that you cant simply turn Internet off, you have to delete the entire connection then fuck about adding it again later.

Is it that hard to have an on/off option.

Then we have game save management, takes the piss having to wait ages for it to load saves and only able to delete one at a time and then keep waiting for it to load each time.

Shitendo lacking innovation since 2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.