EarthshakerDS 5/25/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
EarthshakerDS 5/25/2011
DS Homebrew Update
EarthShakerDSTitle.png
[tn=250]http://gbatemp.net/news/earthshakerds_5102011.png[/tn]​

ant512 has released version 20110525 of EarthshakerDS, a port of the classic Boulderdash style Sinclair ZX Spectrum game. With this release also comes news that a level editor is in the works! See the change log for what's new in this release, and for more information about this 2011 Homebrew Bounty entry, join the on-going discussion via the link below.

This one adds in a feature from the original game that I completely missed - the ability to touch blocks adjacent to the player without moving into that space. The original game required you to press fire and a direction but, as the DS has more buttons, I've used the X, Y, A and B buttons instead. For example, start a new game at the first level and press X. The soil block above the player is removed but the player sprite does not move. The same happens with the soil block below if you press B.

This functionality is essential to get through the game (try level 9 - "Internal Reactor Inc" without using the new buttons), so I can't believe I forgot to put it in. The button to bring up the map is now Select.
QUOTE(Change Log 05/25/11) said:
  • Added poke functionality to touch blocks without moving;
  • Added animation when collecting beans;
  • Added delay when teleporting;
  • Various refactoring.

download.gif
Download
icon39.gif
On-Going Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.