Earthbound

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mflo, Dec 31, 2006.

Dec 31, 2006

Earthbound by mflo at 7:04 PM (757 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mflo
    OP

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As some of you may know, They have released Mother 1+2 (Mother 2 being Earthbound) in Japan for the GBA and Mother 3 also for the GBA. They say there is no plan to release in America [​IMG]
    Would it not be nice to release those in the U.S.? Or make an Earthbound remake for the NDS Lite? Like a cellshaded version, That would be sweet. Maybe If people show a lot of interest in the Earthbound games in the official and non-official forums, Nintendo might consider it? A U.S. release or a remake would be nice.

So...LETS SHOW A LOT OF INTEREST!!! [​IMG] Interest=EarthBound for us and Money for Nintendo [​IMG] Good deal
    But then again, If someone came out with a professional translation for the Japanese releases, This wouldn't be necessary.

EDIT: Haha, Some group has agreed to rom hacking and translating, sweetness. Info Here It's somewhere on the page. (Too bad slot-1 cards have no GBA support :'( )

2. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    I would be very pleased of an USA rlz of any Mother (exept Earthbound, of course).

Unfortunetly, the Mother series is one of those mystery of game industry. Did you know that the first Mother game has been totaly translated by NOA but never released? You can even find the rom (yes, it has been dumped) under the name of Earthbound Zero.

Mother 3 is one of those vaporware. It took almost 12 years to develop! It was first annouced on N64 and even presented at Space World in 1999 in a 80% finished state (you can find a N64 trailer of the game on ign!). It has suddenly been cancelled on N64 in 2000... Then announced on GBA. We didn't see any screenshot of the game until 2 mounth before the japan release!

Definetly one of the biggest video game mystery.

Anyway, there's another translation project you should be aware of, check this site: http://www.mother3.org/

3. mflo
    OP

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I know about Earthbound zero.
    It looks like 2 different groups are trying to translate Mother 3. I wonder who will make the best one.
    The screenshots from the Earthbound 64 version looked horrible, I'm glad they decided to make it 2D instead.
    Is there a good SNES emulator for the NDS? An emulator that can run Earthbound without lags and glitches?

4. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    From the snezziDS wiki: