OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

QUOTE said:
Apparently EarthBound will never be coming to VC. Certain songs in the game resemble certain real songs far too much, which is something that wouldn't fly with lawyers. Nintendo of America simply suggested to change the songs, but Nintendo of Japan wants none of it - Obviously this means that nothing can be done about it until Nintendo of Japan decides to change the songs as well.

Starmen also reveals that the ESRB rating was apparently a "mistake" - It was never meant to be rated, but it somehow did.

Can't they just give some royalties out to those who own the songs? I mean the game wont cost much to put on VC so its not like they'll lose much at all. Oh well Nintendo of Japan, if you don't want our cash we'll just pirate it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple: this means they can't say anything against illegal acts. If a company refuses to give the fans what they want, it's up to the fans to help themselves.

Looks like the Tales series is beginning to show the same signs of US neglect. Good thing we have dedicated translators!
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
Source

QUOTE said:
Apparently EarthBound will never be coming to VC. Certain songs in the game resemble certain real songs far too much, which is something that wouldn't fly with lawyers. Nintendo of America simply suggested to change the songs, but Nintendo of Japan wants none of it - Obviously this means that nothing can be done about it until Nintendo of Japan decides to change the songs as well.

Starmen also reveals that the ESRB rating was apparently a "mistake" - It was never meant to be rated, but it somehow did.

Can't they just give some royalties out to those who own the songs? I mean the game wont cost much to put on VC so its not like they'll lose much at all. Oh well Nintendo of Japan, if you don't want our cash we'll just pirate it.

K... so a lot of problems with bringing games to the States (and being released outside of japan) are licensing issues... correct?
Then why no do what they've been doing, and release the VC version of Earthbound in japan... (with an english setting >_>) and we'll take care of the rest ourselves?
Ammirite?
Anyone..?

So my REAL question... why can't they release it on VC? I mean, its already been released as a cart... so NOW there are problems?
That doesn't work in me noggin. Any further explanation?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@WildWon

The 'royalties' were never paid, because back in the SNES days, the MAFIAA wasn't as retarded as they are today.

Here are the similarities

Now that you have 13 year olds, dead people, and grandmothers who don't even know what a computer is being sued for downloading music, how long do you think the MAFIAA would wait to sue the living hell out of Nintendo? The DMCA takedown notice and court papers would be served the MILLISECOND the game hit the VC servers.

Don't blame Nintendo on this one guys... it's not their fault... blame the MAFIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).

EDIT

If you think this story is insane, check out this guy... selling the SNES cart for $240USD!!!!

And here he is again, selling another copy of it for $260USD!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
If you think this story is insane, check out this guy... selling the SNES cart for $240USD!!!!

And here he is again, selling another copy of it for $260USD!

omg, but they both come with the players guide. I loved that guide. Those effin Scratch-N-Sniff cards with such bizarre smells. There are occasional smells that trigger memories of that strat guide.

Hmm... wonder if i can just snag the guide from somewhere...

Off to spend money that i probably shouldn't! (thought NOT $260 on a game
tongue.gif
)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Green0scar said:
Raylene2K7 said:
Who cares if it's coming to VC? .. just play it with the NES and SNES Emulator, it's the better solution anyway

All i want for VC are Nintend 64 games

Major's Mask all the way!

True, a crime that it didn`t got released for VC yet... I really hope, that they won`t wait till the next LoZ-game release
frown.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well tough illegal acts versus fanboyism; obviously screw the fans we got money and lawyers! I don't see what's the hype of Earthbound, I never played it so I won't be a douche about it. However, this gig isn't the first time that this happen, does anyone remember that person that painted Obama in the style of the 'Hope' flag? He was making $$$ until the officials wanted to sue him because he's copying off the style from them.

If I remember correctly, Nintendo isn't so innocent either. Didn't they run R4DS out of business because of illegal matters?! So this isn't a new thing to us but a different scenario with the same terms.

Speaking of N64 games, I want TopGear OverDrive and Iggy's Reckin' Ball to come on the VC. I don't think it will be possible but meh. Well be funny to see HEY YOU, Pikachu on the VC
tongue.gif

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And here I thought the RIAA was out of ways to piss me off.
I'm beginning to see vigilante justice as an acceptable method of dealing with those miserable, litigious fucking leeches. These motherfuckers need to be stopped and the law is in their pocket.

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Master Mo said:
Green0scar said:
Raylene2K7 said:
Who cares if it's coming to VC? .. just play it with the NES and SNES Emulator, it's the better solution anyway

All i want for VC are Nintend 64 games

Major's Mask all the way!

True, a crime that it didn`t got released for VC yet... I really hope, that they won`t wait till the next LoZ-game release
frown.gif
ya, buy their porbably going to say that a zelda game is coming soon, but it will be this on VC....nintedo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte