Earth 2160 Free on GMG Today

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Lanlan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Lanlan
    OP

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    Head over to greenmangaming.com and you can get a free copy of Earth 2160, haven't played it myself but apparently it's a 3D RTS released in 2005. The "sale" should be up for a little over twenty more hours as of time of writing.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/earth-2160/

Edit: Also apparently only one copy is available per IP address. Dunno if you can use a proxy to get multiples though.

p1ngpong likes this.
  2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Tyvm for the heads-up. Always nice to get some F2P stuff now and then.

3. Shoat

Shoat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Free stuff is nice, but I doubt that many people will stay after this and continue using their site.

Well, something went wrong: Even though I start the game from the GMG Capsule client, I get stuck in a "give me a key" screen before getting to a main menu (and there do not seem to be any keys provided in the documentation, so I guess I won't get free stuff after all).

4. Lanlan
    OP

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    I check their site daily actually, they have deals comparable to Steam and Gamersgate. A very good service, you can also trade in some games for credit. Not quite sure how it works, as I haven't done it, but it's there nonetheless. They also frequently have 20%-25% off coupons that you can apply to games you purchase.

5. zygie

zygie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    GMG is okay, and I'll take a look at this, thanks for the heads up.

I think the trade-in works if they actually provide the game you bought via their Capsule Client(?). If Steam or otherwise, they would indicate that it's not eligible for trade-in.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Earth 2160 sounds nice; here's hoping it's better than Earth 2012.

7. Lanlan
    OP

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
  8. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    IIRC, this was the RTS game where explosions can actively "reshape" the 3D terrain, like craters and stuff. Tempted to try, but my laptop's not much of a powerhouse. I hope it's not as heavy as, say, D&D Dragonshard or the like.