Early Look at Some of the GameCube Styled Controllers for Smash

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by LightyKD, Oct 27, 2018.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Thanks to Alex onley from Nintendo Life, we have a good look most of the GameCube style controllers coming for the Switch this year. Notably the Hori controller is missing but I'm sure that's all because for some odd reason Hori has been damn quiet about their GameCube styled offering. One thing that bugs me is that while PDP learned their lesson in regards to ZL and ZR from their Wii U GameCube pads, PowerA apparently thought it was cool to give ZL and ZR GameCube style travel. If those triggers were analog or immediately activated upon initial press, that's good. If for some annoying reason you have to push the trigger all the way down to register ZL and ZR, that will suck. Hopefully someone will give us a review on Hori's pad soon. I have one Hori pad and two PDP pads on pre order.

2. proffk

proffk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    PowerA have a wireless Gamecube controller due for release in November 2018. It uses two double A batteries, has no HD Rumble or Amibo support. It fully supports NSW controller interfacre which means it can be used with any other switch games.

Last edited by proffk, Oct 27, 2018
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    All of these GameCube styled controllers can be used for other Switch games. I cant wait for these things to hit the public. I'm not buying them for Smash. I'm buying them because I LOVE the GameCube button layout!

4. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    Wavebird Switch edition or nothing.

5. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    The wireless GameCube styled controller from PowerA is the closest you're gonna get.