EA "Worst Company In America"... again

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Consumerist holds a poll every year to ask people which company in America is the worst of the worst, the scum of the Earth.

Would it be the companies that helped lead us into economic recession? Or the companies that continue to cause egregious environmental harm? Or would it be the companies that exploit human rights abuses?

Ha, nope. This poll is a soapbox for the serious issues - muh video games!
Voting for the 2013 Worst Company in America award has concluded and once again, Electronic Arts has run away with it, drawing nearly 78 percent of the vote to claim the prize for an unprecedented second year running. "EA has repeatedly failed at three core requirements of running a consumer-friendly business," according to The Consumerist, by producing too many rushed, cash-in games, overpricing its products and then failing to properly support them post-release. Although they're not all 2012 releases, it cited Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and the admittedly-disastrous launch of SimCity as among its most egregious missteps.

EA beat out companies including Facebook, Ticketmaster, Walmart, Comcast, Time Warner Cable and of course Bank of America on its way to claiming the crown, which is an impressive feat in its own right, and no organization - not Haliburton, not the RIAA, not even BP - has ever won twice.
arrow.gif
The Escapist

J4clQbP.gif

Sadly, it seems that perspective can't be found on any platform. What a shame...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ouch...as much as I dislike EA, this isn't exactly what I expected. I mean...how about the NRA? The Bush administration? The bank sector as a whole?

Each of those have some sort of mess that stretches far more than any company you can just ignore (in other words: the entire entertainment industry).

Also: was this contest held before those ugly nextbox rumours started popping up? :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One 10 minute ending completely ruined a 60+ hour Mass Effect experience. People are retarded -__-

I'd also say people are retarded for, well the reasons Gahars brought up. A video game company is the worst of your guys' worries.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, them internets. It's fine to exploit employees like Wal-Mart does but when someone demands Online-Only in a video game that's just crossing the line. Good, good.

Ever since this morning, I can't access the servers on The Simpsons Tapped Out.
EA IS THE WORSE! THEY SHOULD EA-T SHIT
THEY SHOULD GET SCREWED IN THE EA-R!

Seriously, that whole thing is dumb. If you're gonna make a poll about worse company, only include ones that are harmful to the country and or people. Not fucking games.

Reactions: loco365

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They are the worst for killing the Road Rash franchise and never bring the 16 bit version to the Wii VC or the 32 bit version to PSP or Ps3.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Consumerist holds a poll every year to ask people which company in America is the worst of the worst, the scum of the Earth.

Would it be the companies that helped lead us into economic recession? Or the companies that continue to cause egregious environmental harm? Or would it be the companies that exploit human rights abuses?

To be fair (and this is mostly devil's advocate) this is a consumer-oriented site, and most of the people there are angry due to dealing with 'x' company that treated them poorly so you won't really see, I dunno, SalliMae getting its comeuppance because not enough actual human beings, on a one-to-one, personal, level had any negative experience with them.

(And if there's one thing that's amply clear to anyone that's been alive for a few minutes, nobody seems to give a damn about anything that isn't in-your-face and stealing your money/woman/food. As long as they do it in the background and Joe Moron doesn't see a debit on his checking account, he's going to take a bat to EA for having crappy servers instead.)

Also yes, just so I'm clear, it's absurd.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol, Apple's on the list and it won over Microsoft (in the bad way obv), haha. xP

Still, I wonder why EA is voted like this... In it's defense, I quite enjoy the The Simpsons game they have for Android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup