rehevkor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
origin_logo.jpg

The devil incarnate, EA, are to offer 90 days of distribution services for free to crowd funded projects, such as those via Kickstarter, on their Origin service (now with 12 million customers worldwide). The normal fees, which I imagine to be a % of every game sold, will be waived. The first company to take advantage of this is InXile with their Wasteland 2 project.

I for one.. will still be getting it on Steam.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/origin-waives-90-days-of-distribution-fees-for-crowdfunded-games/

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Steam.... Here i come. Heck if i want to do some charity, then i rather personally donate a sum than buy a game from origin to show that we dont need your crappy thing, or the most important thing that makes me hate EA way over everything else... Battlelog...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Given the choice to get the game on Steam or on Origin, who the hell would get it on Origin?

I don't think there's so much that's sinister being EA's generosity here, but they're just desperate for some sort of revenue right now.

Reactions: 1 person

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems like a good move to me. The only way to ever be able to take on Steam is by attracting everyone, including indie developers. If they still allow developers to release their games on Steam as well, this could give a boost to EA's image.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
"Hey other companies do this and people throw money at them, let's do it too!"

Meaning, like some other posters, I don't really find this sneaky or bad, they just want a cut of that action as well.
Hell, it's nice to see they're actually starting to catch on to current methods, slow as it is.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people dislike EA?
Personally I like some of their games. .-.
EA doesn't make games though, they're simply Publishers. The worst Publishers out there, imo. Fact of the matter is they keep recruiting good developers who have to bend to EA's will, and because EA's intentions are the greediest out there, the developers tend to do things you'd never expect, like The Sims series and it's crazy amount of Expansion Packs. In many cases they ruin or detriment games. They're the worst.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because people on the internet are spoiled, ignorant kids.
While true, it also has nothing to do with the subject.

I personally just don't like any if EAs games anymore. I remeber back in the PS2/GCN era when some of the games they made were worth picking up. Now, most are just shit. I cant really say why, but something about the way EA is just makes me not want anything to do with them.

D

Deleted User

EA doesn't make games though, they're simply Publishers. The worst Publishers out there, imo. Fact of the matter is they keep recruiting good developers who have to bend to EA's will, and because EA's intentions are the greediest out there, the developers tend to do things you'd never expect, like The Sims series and it's crazy amount of Expansion Packs. In many cases they ruin or detriment games. They're the worst.
It's a good thing they publish some damn good games.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I never had a problem with their service nor costumer support, so I can't see the issue there.
play the sims, wait for something bad to happen than try and get any help out of them i guarantee you'll fail. they'll just give you a copy and pasted response that all the support employees use over and over again. they might as well be using bots...in fact i'm pretty sure they do! :creep:

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't understand all the unnecessary hates toward Origin.
I had contacted their supports twice and got reasonable replies in less than a day.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Not to mention their retarded AD pop up each time my pc boots up........ Steam does it too, but only pops up when i double click on the tray icon. And best of all it doesnt show up AGAIN if it is old/read news. I see the god same gibberish each day from origin.

D

Deleted User

Not to mention their retarded AD pop up each time my pc boots up........ Steam does it too, but only pops up when i double click on the tray icon. And best of all it doesnt show up AGAIN if it is old/read news. I see the god same gibberish each day from origin.
Oh no, you have to move your mouse over an X and click it, THE HORRORS.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: