EA to host 'Jacksonville Tribute' live stream to raise funds for shooting victims families

Dl0NAydUYAUFpy5.jpg

Plans have been announced by Electronic Arts (EA) for a live stream event that will be dedicated to raising funds for those affected by the events of the shooting in Jacksonville, FL on August 26.

EA are also making a $1 million USD contribution and will be accepting additional donations from the public.

Electronic Arts via Twitter said:
"The events last weekend in Jacksonville will impact the gaming community forever. We can't begin to understand the pain so many are going through, nor do we pretend to have all the answers that will help us through the healing process.

But as is so often the case, our community inspires us. The way you are coming together, and the outpouring of support for all those affected by this tragedy, is incredibly uplifting. We want to join you.

So today, we're establishing the Jacksonville Tribute.

First, we're making a $1 million contribution to support the victims of last Sunday's events. We're also working to set up a fund where others can contribute alongside our donation, and we will come back very soon with further details. Contributions will go to the victims, including the families of Taylor Robertson, Elijah Clayton, and all those who were affected.

We would also like to help by bringing the gaming community together, and uniting in play, through the Jacksonville Tribute Livestream next Thursday, September 6. We've heard from so many of you that you would like to support the victims, and to show that this horrific event will not define us, but only serve to make our community stronger. We're already working with many of you to help make this happen through the livestream.

We'll share more details very soon.

The live stream is scheduled to take place on September 6th and further details will be announced shortly.

:arrow: Source (Twitter)

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on EA. With as bad a track record as you have, making people angry with decisions that don't make any sense, why not just donate the money yourself instead of trying to get others to pony up for it. You'll look a lot better in the public's eyes that way. Right now, I just hope you don't do the same as March of Dimes, which for anyone who doesn't know, MoD is the charity where you donate $1.00, but only $0.10 actually goes to the charity work, while the remaining $0.90 goes into the pockets of the executives of that organization.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Come on EA. With as bad a track record as you have, making people angry with decisions that don't make any sense, why not just donate the money yourself instead of trying to get others to pony up for it. You'll look a lot better in the public's eyes that way. Right now, I just hope you don't do the same as March of Dimes, which for anyone who doesn't know, MoD is the charity where you donate $1.00, but only $0.10 actually goes to the charity work, while the remaining $0.90 goes into the pockets of the executives of that organization.
10/10 reading comprehension
EA are also making a $1 million USD contribution

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10/10 reading comprehension
11/10 Reading comprehension as well. I said INSTEAD of a charity. Be the ones who give the money, not try to get others so they can lower their own costs. I'm sure they have billions saved from all those studios they've closed, micro transactions, loot boxes, etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
11/10 Reading comprehension as well. I said INSTEAD of a charity. Be the ones who give the money, not try to get others so they can lower their own costs. I'm sure they have billions saved from all those studios they've closed, micro transactions, loot boxes, etc.

Your reading skills are still impeccable. It also mentions that this is in response to a community outcry wishing to be able to support the victims.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with hosting a charity event, and it's more than most companies would do.

I know some of you idiots aren't intelligent enough to think for yourselves, but in this case jumping on the EA hate wagon makes you look like a complete, ignorant dumbass.
This is a very generous showing, and no one would have bat an eyelash if they did NOTHING. $1million is not in any sense a small amount, and their companies networth does not change that. They're not obligated to donate their entire companies worth for this event.

Get over yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)