EA stock value hits record peak, company now worth estimated $45.5 billion

EA.png

In regards to the gaming industry, stocks are fluctuating quite a bit. Despite strong performance from the Switch, Nintendo is seeing their stocks lower every week. Capcom, who started the year with the mega-hit Monster Hunter: World saw a steep drop for no explained reason, as well. But there is one company who's stocks currently only rising and rising, and that's Electronic Arts. Since March of this year, EA is seen a slow, but steady uptick in their stocks, culminating in a sharp jump immediately after they purchased the studio Industrial Toys. Despite a relatively weak E3 showcase, the company has reached record highs in the stock market. Stockholders and investors appear to be pleased by the offerings of sports titles, the upcoming Battlefield V, Star Wars game, and Anthem. For comparison, here is the market worth of the following other game studios:

Activision Blizzard: $61.8 billion
Electronic Arts: $45.5 billion
Nintendo: $38.5 billion
Take-Two: $14.5 billion
Ubisoft: $13 billion
Bandai Namco: $8.8 billion

Velorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't representative of how well the company is doing. Right now the stock market is artificially inflated because companies are buying there own stock to inflate their worth. I don't know if EA is doing this, but it's hard to imagine with all the issues they have been having that they are having a boom in revenue.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't representative of how well the company is doing. Right now the stock market is artificially inflated because companies are buying there own stock to inflate their worth. I don't know if EA is doing this, but it's hard to imagine with all the issues they have been having that they are having a boom in revenue.

Sounds like liking your own comment on a youtube video.

D

Deleted User

Look at the graph, since 2014 it's been climbing all the way up until now. Are you telling us that they have been buying their own stocks for 4 years to artificially inflate their stocks? Hah of course you aren't.

EA has been doing incredibly well for years now. They could buy their own stocks to bump it up even more but lets not pretend that they are somehow faking or fronting. No, they are successful and the gaming community made them that way by buying what they have to offer.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still proudly surviving without oficially buying an EA game for over a decade. Them and Ubisoft are the only ones I pirate with disregard... other companies deserve my cash, they can do without.

Reactions: Velix

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B E C A U S E T H E Y D O N T K N O W A N Y B E T T E R.

N I C E W A Y T O T Y P E B T W.
Are there games really that good or are they just the "hip things" to play. The last game I ever bought from EA was Battle for Middle Earth 2 and that game was released in 2006.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

How can a company buy its own stock?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...