EA Sports 2 - USB not detected

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kickrz, Dec 30, 2010.

Dec 30, 2010

EA Sports 2 - USB not detected by kickrz at 2:02 AM (5,937 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. kickrz
    OP

Newcomer kickrz Member

Canada
    I have read this is because my Wii is modded. I have no idea if I can fix it without ruining my Wii. What I know is that my husband had it soft modded. It has neogamma and homebrew channel. Does anyone know what I can do to get EA working? I just spent $60 on this and really want to use it!

TIA [​IMG]

2. sock99

Newcomer sock99 Member

France
    Great game. Dumb question but have you actually plugged the EA Sports Active 2 dongle in the Wii? Works fine here from both Disc & USB drive with the drive in the bottom slot and the EA dongle in the top. Before you get into updating the softmod have you tried the dongle in both slots and also plugging it in before you start the Wii?

3. kickrz
    OP

Newcomer kickrz Member

Canada

Yes I plugged the USB in both slots, while off and restarted several times. I have not tried unplugging it though but will try that now. The disc works fine but when I go to set up the sensors it says cannot detect the usb receiver.

ETA: Tried unplugging right from the wall and tried both slots....still says not detected.

4. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    Update all your active IOS with ModMii

5. kickrz
    OP

Newcomer kickrz Member

Canada
    Ok I have updated all the IOS and it is still not working. I have read that I have to change the Neogamma IOS to IOS222 instead of what it currently is IOS249 not sure what that even means or how but I have no idea what else to try.

6. sock99

Newcomer sock99 Member

France
    I don't know about Neogamma but can't you get to the normal Nintendo system menu (with the 12 boxes) and just click on the Disc channel in the top left corner (assuming you are using an original disc)?
    If your Wii boots straight into Neogamma when you start maybe someone can explain how to exit froim Neogamma to the system menu. I think you only need to worry about 222 & 249 if you are playing a backup copy from a USB drive.

7. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    If you have the original disc load it through Gecko OS

8. kickrz
    OP

Newcomer kickrz Member

Canada
    Thanks installing Gecko and loading through that works [​IMG]

9. Karen2756

Newcomer Karen2756 Newbie

Canada
    Hello!!!!! I'm a total newbie here, and I think I found the EXACT topic to help me with my problem! Like you guys, my wii is soft modded, I have HBC and USB Loader, as well as NeoGamma.

Last week, I bought EA Sports ACTIVE 2, and like you, discovered that the game requested an update in order to be played, which I've been told NOT TO DO!!!!! So.... I've tried loading with USB loader, BUT, as it's been mentionned, you can't have both the HDD AND the USB receiver ploggued at the same time.... So I tried NeoGamma.... It worked! But not for long! The game loaded just fine! BUT I quickly realized that the accessories weren't detected at all.... [​IMG]

I've searched High and Low for help and I discovered this thread! Yay! So I downloaded Gecko (the latest one), put it on my SD card and loaded it through HBC. But all I get is a black screen..... I've waited like 15 minutes for something to happen but I figured it didn't work on my machine.... I've even tried a lower version (1.07 I think) and all I get is a blue screen with the 002 error.

I have a 4.2U wii, I have HBC, and I have USB loader and Neo Gamma. I don't know which other info I could give you to make you help me so don't be shy, ask me if you need to know anything else about my wii.

Is there something I should do? I should patch? I should install? I am sooooooooooooooooooooo angry and desperate to make that darn game work! And you guys can all make that Gecko thing to work and not me! [​IMG]

Desperately praying for help.....

Karen

10. Gala}{y

Newcomer Gala}{y Newbie

United States
    WOW! We've done this! Thank you SO much!
    We've used Gecko1931 version and hackmii_installer_v0.8 and everything works now!
    Pay attention Gecko will update your IOS during the first run.