EA: Respawn is still a long way from a game

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source

Did EA ever stop to thinking that they may have bought a bunk studio? I mean, Respawn is made only of some Infinity Ward devs. Infinity Ward has not made ANYTHING but Call of Duty. So you say "Hey, develop a game, and it can't be Call of Duty!" and they'll think, "Um, what else can be made?" Also, odds are they can't use any of their past game engines so they have to make a new one or use another engine that can be bought for them. Any game that comes from them will be either crap, a straight-up Call of Duty clone, or will never come. Seriously, if EA thinks Respawn will help them compete in the market of shooters, think again. Go invest some more into Battlefield and you'll have a worthy foe to CoD.

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    This. If they sorted out the shit for Battlefield 3, like not getting kicked out almost every game, improved graphics, and more game modes then I would probably prefer Battlefield over CoD.

3. Mafusto

Newcomer Mafusto Newbie

Netherlands
    I lol'd
    You do know that the people that are responsible for the CoD MW series are the same people that made MoH AA.
    This is the same situation when they left EA and joined Activision.
    So it is possible that they're making another shooter series that becomes well loved by the most FPS players.