EA, Konami, and Ubisoft have big titles on the way

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    “Wii owners can look forward to some exciting announcements from third-parties like Electronic Arts, Konami and Ubisoft. We know of at least two major EA and Konami IPs that Wii fans are going to flip over when they become official…” - IGN article

Ah, the little tidbits tucked away within IGN’s Wii Year in Review article. Two major EA and Konami I.P.s…that sounds fun. Konami does Metal Gear…and there’s that teaser floating around…

News Source: IGN

*chants* Metal Gear for Wii! Metal Gear for Wii! */end chant*

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I hope to god that they do not port over the metal gear acid games.
    On an unrelated note, do you reckon Spyborgs is going to be one of Ubisofts IP's.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Metal Gear for 360! Metal Gear for 360! (Since I'm getting a 360 soon, I gotta switch over to 360-fanboy mode)

4. Rock Raiyu
    OP

United States
    There's that too!...[​IMG]

5. Maybe

Member Maybe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Phantasy Star for Wii! Final Fantasy 14 for Wii! Mother 4 for Wii! Breath of Fire 6 for Wii! Hello Kitty Island Adventure for Wii!

[​IMG]

6. Rock Raiyu
    OP

United States
    NO! Don't say that..all the past people I know that say that..well..they were never heard from again. Poor Johnny [​IMG]

7. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    While I believe there'll be plenty of better games on the Wii next year, specially after the DQX announcement, this is coming from the same guys that are stating for more than 2 years now that Kid Icarus Wii is real [​IMG]

I remember a rumor about a new Snatcher game for the Wii in the works.. hope that's it from Konami. Can't think about any major EA IP that would want.. except a new Road Rash, but I don't know if that can be considered major nowadays [​IMG]

Just buy a PS3 for God sakes [​IMG]'

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Konami:

Castlevania:
    I've not thought any 3D game was that good, but I would love for them to make one that captured the spirit of the games well. Failing that a 2D one that looks amazing, not for WiiWare but commercial.

Snatcher./Policenauts:
    Game would suit the DS better nowadays to be honest, but I would eat up another sequel if they ever did it.

EA:

Road Rash:
    Seriously, it needs to come back but I fear that they'll make it all "street".

Need For Speed:
    I'm talking about a PROPER one that is more like the ones from the mid 90's.

Syndicate:
    A new game has already been announced.

Also would love to see new entries in BioForge, Flood, Killing Game Show Desert Strike & Powermonger series but I doubt that will happen.

As for Ubisoft, I know about Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Red Steel 2 but my hopes aren't really high for them. They really need to get rid of the Rabbids and give us a good Rayman platformer, the last one was Rayman 3 which was pretty good.

9. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    There's supposed to be a Wii version of Spore in the works.. that's EA there.. [​IMG]

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Supposed to, same with other consoles.

Hopefully it'll be better than console Sims and Spore Creatures. They were kinda fun for like a little bit but then got boring fast.