EA employee trash-talks Wii U and 3rd party sales

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Wii U D00Med? Or are EA's buttocks sore? Only We, you, etc can decide!
EA's Sports game engineer, Bob Summerhill, is not afraid to speak his opinion of the Nintendo Wii U. He trolls harder than the always on, Mr. Orth, on his Twitter.

@shanselman The WiiU is crap.Less powerful than an XBOX360.Poor online/store.Weird tablet.Nintendo are walking dead at this point.

— Bob Summerwill (@BobSummerwill) May 17, 2013

@shanselman Sony, MS, Apple, Google all following the same playbook … standard, powerful, hardware, with focus on software and services.

@shanselman Nintendo are still operating like it’s 1990.They should have “done a Sega” and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives.

@shanselman Instead they make this awful console, and this … nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads….Just stop it!Just make great games!

@shanselman It is an utterly intentional decision to focus our resources on markets which actually matter … like mobile, and Gen4.

@shanselman One more . Nintendo platforms have always been very poor revenue-wise for third parties.Only Mario and Zelda make money.

@freebsdgirl @shanselman Yep, we’ve got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn’t where that family/casual market is.It’s on mobile/tablet now!

Source : Nintendoeverything.com

D

Deleted_171835

I know p1ngpong banned gif posts and all but...

44950-Dis-gon-b-gud--this-is-gonna-b-28wH.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4nintendoonlyhatethread

As a person who bought a Wii U close to launch, and then jumped ship I'm looking forward to seeing what E3 brings.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to put the cart before the horse here but someone might as well add this to the Golden Threads now as it's inevitable that this thread will spiral into a EA Hate fest. That or just lock this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to put the cart before the horse here but someone might as well add this to the Golden Threads now as it's inevitable that this thread will spiral into a EA Hate fest. That or just lock this.

The mods, locking a thread before it gets out of hand? This I gotta see!

Now THIS is entertainment! *grabs popcorn*

Oh hey look, it's his Twitter account! https://twitter.com/BobSummerwill

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of those companies has gaems and the other doesn't. :tpi:

Did not detect trolling, just a thorough hardware analysis.

Oh, *whew* for a minute there I thought he was being serious on the internet! He said that the Wii U is weaker than the Xbox 360. Not true, it's weaker than the Gamecube and PS2.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Who's that guy anyway? Because it's bad business for EA to badmouth Nintendo, he should probably get a warning from his bosses about that (well, and something must have happened because he already deleted the tweets, or at least I can't find them).

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of those companies has gaems and the other doesn't. :tpi:

Did not detect trolling, just a thorough hardware analysis.

Yes, clearly a thorough hardware analysis:

"The WiiU is crap."

Oh.

But maybe there's some thorough something here:

"Nintendo are still operating like it’s 1990.They should have “done a Sega” and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives."

Yep, thorough trolling.

This guy is hopping aboard the "Hate Nintendo" train about 7-years too late--longer if your experience with game consoles extends back to the mid-90s.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Looks like we discovered Foxi's secret identity. :tpi:

But seriously though, the WiiU is doomed.
But... I don't like sports games... :angry:

Yes, clearly a thorough hardware analysis:

"The WiiU is crap."

Oh.

But maybe there's some thorough something here:

"Nintendo are still operating like it’s 1990.They should have “done a Sega” and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives."

Yep, thorough trolling.
But according to Foxi4, it's justified and not trolling at all, remember?;) Marcan was lying about the Wii U CPU not being worse than the 360's. :lol:

You're not an expert - he's an expert. He knows what he's talking about, he works in the business.
6OopJYK.jpg

Pulling your leg is just too easy, I can't help myself. :tpi:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like we discovered Foxi's secret identity. :tpi:

But seriously though, the WiiU is doomed.

I didn't know they were porting Doom to the Wii U Virtual Console. Isn't that what Doomed means?

Who's that guy anyway? Because it's bad business for EA to badmouth Nintendo, he should probably get a warning from his bosses about that (well, and something must have happened because he already deleted the tweets, or at least I can't find them).
But according to Foxi4, it's justified and not trolling at all, remember?;) Marcan was lying about the Wii U CPU not being worse than the 360's. :lol:

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google "ea sports engineer wii u" and click on the wegotthiscovered.com link

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that you represent your company both in the workplace and elsewhere, but I think this sort of reporting is going to get out of hand.

I'm sure Activision has a wonderful janitorial staff, but I can't say I'm terribly interested in hearing their thoughts on the PS4's hardware.

Reactions: Skelletonike

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Fuck who cares what this troll says? The Wii U is a cool console. It may not be as powerful as the 360 (or is it?) but it has huge potential with its Gamepad. Just give it more time. Besides, EA titles are crap anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too