EA Denies That They Said "Nintendo is dead to us at EA"

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Jan 25, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/peter-moore-denies-nintendo-is-dead-to-ea

Some of you guys know that I personally couldn't care less about EA much less third party support on Nintendo consoles (that's what PS & Xbox are for), but saying "Nintendo is dead to us" or just about any other company in that regard is truly very disrespectful.

It just goes to show that EA employees have no moral nor respect for other companies, other than the ones they know they can make millions off (Microsoft's Xbox 360 & Xbox One and Sony's PS3/PS4).

The only EA games that I've bought have been old NFS and some FIFA (FIFA 08-13) which were all used copies (for Xbox 360) so none of the money went to EA.

Meh, no wonder people hate EA.

2. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I enjoyed EA back in the Amiga and SNES days, but any more they just seem to churn out title after title that fails to grip me or impress me. They give them selves too much credit, as far as I see it, EA is the LJN of the 21st century game market. They'll never be a Nintendo or Ubisoft.

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Of course the WiiU is dead to dead to them, and it's no surprise their games don't/didn't sell for the console.

They released Madden which was late compared to PS3/360, they released Mass Effect 3 for an absurd price tag at the same time the whole trilogy was coming out for other consoles for the same price, they made Need For Speed which was a great game, but it was already 6 months too late.

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    "I hate EA and would never buy any of their shitty games for my Wii u/3DS"

"How dare EA not support Nintendo just because their games don't sell on the Wii U/3DS, ITS DISRESPECTFUL!"

Yep.

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    You can't deny the truth, EA.

6. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Is it just me or are Nintendo fans crying more than usual recently?

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Okay...you can have it one way or the other, but not both ways, mate. That source is anonymous and EA's COO does NOT acknowledge it. In fact, he downright denies it in name of the company.

So either you believe the anonymous source and you will have to wait until EA prepares an official press note on that subject (and I doubt it'll be worded in a disrespectful way).
    Or you don't believe the source and therefore EA can't be held responsible for it, since they're denying the validity of it to begin with.

On my end...have I missed an announcement? It seems to me that anonymous source opened an opportunity for Peter Moore to talk about how nintendo is not their main market, how there is a lack of demand and that it could well be that some within the company perceive the current situation as being that harsh, but...and so on, and so on. Instead, he talks about no games being released. So...have I missed some announcements? :unsure:

8. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Well they have to do SOMETHING while they wait for a game to play.

9. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    So what does EA have to show to prove they think the Wii U isn't dead to them?

10. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    old inferior ports.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You mean the Wii U's mere presence in my home is not enough to cause an increase in the joy of the entire neighbourhood?

12. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    funny how this Peter Moore guy received the same treatment from EA when he was working with the Dreamcast

13. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    This isn't about crying but being respectful towards everyone whether you personally like them or not.

Just imagine if EA said the same about Xbox what would be the outcome? Pissed off Xbox FIFA/Madden gamers who'd refuse to buy it now.

Damn right! I want my Bayonetta 2 copy!

14. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    As if other companies are selling gangbusters on Wii U...

15. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    NEP likes this.
  16. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Back then when Gabe said that tons of PS3 fans were upset but not too long afterwards he became good friends and even made some PS-PC exclusivity.

For someone to anonymously to call themselves from EA and say that it shows that it was very likely an employee from the company and not an outsider.

17. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    The point was that Nintendo fans didn't give a shit about "rude words" from companies until it suddenly hits Nintendo. Now it's a big deal, even if in this case it's only an anonymous employee not speaking on behalf of the company as a whole.

And you know why Gabe "became good friends" with Sony? Because Sony worked their ass of to court Valve and to make the PS3 a system worth developing for. You know, that's an example Nintendo should be learning from.

...Actually, it means the exact opposite.

But, again, it doesn't matter even if it is an actual employee of EA. A person offering their viewpoint is very different from an official statement from the company. Acting as if he's speaking on behalf of EA as a whole would be like calling Nintendo anti-semetic because one of their janitors yelled that the jews have all the money.

NEP likes this.
  18. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I'm glad EA would deny something like this. I just hope those games they are making are released soon. I went to the store and saw Call of Duty: Ghosts there. Blech. Call of Duty is for the Microsoft fans; we want games that are actually challenging and (preferably) have no lives system.
    I'm glad you finally noticed. It's nearing the two year mark since the U was released and we are still nowhere close to having any worthwhile games to get.
    The entire neighbourhood? Maybe not. But a good portion of it would be excited. I sure would be glad if one of my neighbors had a U.

19. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    compared to ea's games? yup

20. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran

Oh this will be good, care to make a few examples?