EA delays 'Battlefield V' release

battlefield.JPG

Revealed a few months ago, the next installment in the Battlefield franchise was slated for an October 19th release. However, in a news update today, EA announced that the title will be pushed back for a few weeks. Oskar Gabrielson, General Manager of DICE, wrote that the reason behind the delay is because "we’re going to take the time to continue to make some final adjustments to core gameplay, and to ensure we really deliver on the potential of Tides of War."

"We believe we have one of the best Battlefield games ever on our hands. A game that will deliver on an emotional journey through the return of unseen single player War Stories, a deep multiplayer experience, Battle Royale, along with our new live service, Tides of War - a journey across multiple theaters of WW2 and designed to keep our community together," adds Gabrielson.

Battlefield V's release has been pushed back to November 20, 2018 and will land on PS4, Xbox One, and PCs.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: x65943 and Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that many people actually care about this women in videogames non-sense. Anti-sjw are as much of a meme pushing an agenda as sjws themselves.
Agree.

They'll probably buy another branch that is doing successfully well like CD Projekt Red to stay afloat only to kill them off 2 or 3 games later.
I hope not. In fact, I feel like they shouldn't be able to buy anymore companies for a while, if they are just going to kill them off. lol

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Literally any other company announcing a delay: "Yay I hope the game is great"
>EA announcing a delay for any reason "GET FUKT YA SHITRS FUCKING MICROTRANSACTGIONS FUCKIN GTFO SHITTERS DLC"
Stay classy internet.

how about don't release it at all...EVER!

no one gives a flying shit about battlefield or any of your same shit different bucket lets make the same game over and over again but with different graphics using the same 3d models games EA!

60~70k concurrent players would disagree.

Bit on the lower side for console FPS, but also high enough that most game devs would commit murder and give up their first born child to have a game "no one gives a shit about" as much as BF1.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For all we know, players could have lost faith in EA after Battlefront 2 debacle. I don't think that many people actually care about this women in videogames non-sense. Anti-sjw are as much of a meme pushing an agenda as sjws themselves.
The problem people had with the game wasn't with "women in games are dumb", but having a game based on WW2 and having a ton of sci-fi stuff and a female main character was perceived as offensive by a lot of people, myself included. Imagine doing a videogame about 9/11 but instead of terrorists, it's aliens, and the people trying to save the victims from the crumbles aren't firefighters, but NASA scientists. It's not like anyone complaining would be doing so because they hate NASA.

The "don't like it? Don't buy it" response by an EA official was also perceived very poorly. All the major gaming websites portrayed the complaints as incels bashing women refusing to look at the actual complaints.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yay! I hope it goes down more! Down down down!
I know right? Thousands of people might lose their jobs! LOL!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Were you not around here for the time the Wii U version of Watchdogs was delayed?
Or when Mighty No. 9 was delayed (if talking about disaster as an outcome).
Or when Bloodstained delay was announced a couple of weeks ago (if talking about people shittalking the possible outcome).
Or... wait, I guess those are indie companies so that doesn't count /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head