EA and Respawn reveal new single player Star Wars game, Jedi Fallen Order, launches later this year

EA is finally ready to give us a new Star Wars game, in the form of Jedi: Fallen Order, a third person action adventure game that will be developed by Respawn Entertainment, the team behind this year's wildly popular Apex Legends. Unlike that game, however, Fallen Order will be an entirely single player title that features absolutely no microtransactions, which was a major complaint regarding EA's last Star Wars game, Battlefront II. The story will take place shortly after Star Wars: Episode III, and stars a Padawan named Cal Kestis, a Jedi who has been branded as a traitor, and is on the run. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has a release date targeted for this holiday season, November 15th, and will be available on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it hard to believe that EA would release a AAA game these days without micro transactions in some way, will be interesting to hear why they’re doing this e.g. Disney forcing them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This looks absolutely amazing, and it's made by Respawn, so the hype is real. Pre-ordering, it's Day 1 for me after two mediocre Battlefronts.

Reactions: Xzi

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What manner of scum and villainy will EA do to ruin this game, too?
Lootboxes?
Microtransactions?
Pay to wait?
Day one dlc?
A 10fps pc port?
Tying game logic to frame rate?

I want, to want this game to do well. But EA has more than demonstrated its absolute inability to release a good product.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im excited but i will wait for more info. hopefully they won't add in microtransactions in the single player, or pull a downgrade like anthem.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Instead of complaining, it's at least good to hear that the single player star wars game wasn't cancelled as was rumored due to the backlash that BFIIs over agressive lootbox system caused.

Reactions: DANTENDO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1