EA and Respawn reveal new single player Star Wars game, Jedi Fallen Order, launches later this year

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 13, 2019.

1. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Because incomplete remnants of an earlier version of the game shipped in the final build, and modders and the like hacked at those remnants until they worked semi-well.

Jonna likes this.
  2. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    You got it.

3. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Yes. I hope you now understand my post: games change through out development. Watch Dogs changed a lot as the game was in full production prior to next-gen specifications being finalized, let along disclosed to third parties. Ubisoft was expecting more in terms of power than what was ultimately shipped, forcing them to adjust for that gap. That's not a 'downgrade', that's a complicated situation involving poor decision making as opposed to malice.

Last edited by blahblah, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Jonna

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Oh I know games change throughout development - I am very obsessed with BETA versions of games. But it is a downgrade for the PC version - why would a user with a PC capable of performing the graphics in the E3 demo have to deal with dumbed down graphics because the consoles have to have them? It wouldn't be so bad if it was a choice they could have given PC users, but they just omitted them, as you said:

"incomplete remnants of an earlier version of the game shipped in the final build, and modders and the like hacked at those remnants until they worked semi-well."

So it is technically a downgrade that was unnecessary.

5. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Stop saying dumb things. Again: just because something was shown publicly does not mean that the final version of the product will match up with what was shown years prior. Games change during development, and no one is going to spend lots of time that they do not have to offer better graphics to the handful of PC users.

If you continue to push this 'downgrade' narrative, I'm going to have to put you on ignore. I am willing to spend a certain amount of time on user education, but I can't do it endlessly.

Last edited by blahblah, Apr 15, 2019
  6. Jonna

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Understandable if the game didn't have the original code on it to have those graphic options - unfortunately, it was found and already working, so the work was already done.

7. blahblah
    This message by blahblah has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 15, 2019, Reason: Flaming/response to deleted post.
    Apr 15, 2019
  8. Jonna
    This message by Jonna has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 15, 2019, Reason: Flaming/response to deleted post.
    Apr 15, 2019
  9. DANTENDO
    This message by DANTENDO has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 15, 2019, Reason: Flaming/response to deleted post.
    Apr 15, 2019
  10. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    Regarding the no microtransactions...

As much as the memes about how people are skeptical can be funny, it's funny how EA gives everyone EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED (no microtransactions) and people are still complaining about it.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    With EA this last few years "I'll believe it when I see it" is probably the best approach.

rob4 likes this.