EA Access subscription service will finally make its way to the PlayStation 4

eaaccessps4_thumb.jpg

It's never too late to try, at least, according to Electronic Arts, as they revealed that their monthly game subscription service EA Access would finally be heading to the PlayStation 4. EA Access has been available on the Xbox One ever since 2014, offering players a varied selection of their titles for $4.99/mo. When it first launched, EA attempted to put the service on the PS4, but was denied by Sony, who claimed that "[it] wasn't a good value for PlayStation fans". In the five years since then, it appears things have changed, as starting in July, you'll be able to experience select EA games such as Burnout Paradise Remastered, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Titanfall 2, and all of their sports franchises for $4.99 a month, or $29.99 a year.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not gonna get scammed by such cheap tricks
Nice try EA!

I can never tell if anti-fanboys are intentionally trying to look so retarded, or just genuinely this stupid.

Subscription services like this are becoming increasingly popular. How could it even be a scam? Dumbass.
It's a pretty insane value. EA has published or released a pretty massive catalog of games, and this is a very good way to try them all. You can hate EA all day but that doesn't change the value in the slightest. Their more premium subscription lets you play their brand new games which is ridiculous value. How you could even try to turn this into a negative is truly baffling.

Ironically it's the cheapest way (legally) to try all of these games without actively supporting EA much.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ea game I owned was NBA Street for my nintendo gamecube I got as a gift. I also remember playing Road Rash on the Megadrive at a friend's house. I would say the only EA game I ever bought was NBA Jam for ps3, but that's not really original since it was based on the Arcade game by midway.

None of their recent products had made me consider caring about their stuff. I hope they consider the ea sports ports, nba street, ssx tricky HD would be cool. :)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just consider this a rental plan. Like the blockbusters of old were.

You pay 30 bucks a year to rent as many EA games as you'd like for as long as you'd like for that year. Well...as many games as they offer, anyway. If it's games you want to play just a few times then forget about them, and don't care about owning any of them, then it sounds like a brilliant deal.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: grey72 and Heichart

Nin4one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would at least try it for a year if its not good oh well it was only 30$. Gamefly is close to 30 and that is only for a month.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last EA game I bought was the first Dragon Age game. Then they raped the IP, and buried it. Sadly now, they plan to dig up its corpse again, just to be worked on again, by the walking corpse of a company known as Bioware.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More Bullshit Season Pass Subscription Nonsense at this rate you really wont own F**k All!

Everything is Subscription this Subscription that nowadays Netflix etc you can keep it!

Dont mean to shoot the Messenger or S**t on your post.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA's Subscription model: For $29.99 you get the base package.
Additional Packages include:
$7.99 TV Streaming Service (One episode per purchase. Single use only, episode can only be watched once. Additional purchases required for continued viewing)
$5.99 Music Streaming Service (One minute of music per purchase.)
$19.99 Video Game Service (Only base game, 1 hour of play per purchase. DLC not included. Saves not preserved if subscription cancelled or not autorenewed.)
$0.99 Flappy Bird Cosmetics (Must own base game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night