WaffleRaccoon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Imagine having to buy Steam just to buy games :rofl2:

Jayro likes this.
  2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    EA: we're moving to our own platform, bye.
    Also EA: we're moving back in, but charging you all for it.

WaffleRaccoon likes this.
  3. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, it's very good, they've started very well and are way ahead of competition, I suspect this may be one if the reasons Google launched Stadia before it was ready, they dropped the ball though and have practically killed the brand.

If you get GanePass Ultimate it covers console too. Microsft seem to be actually allowing the studios they bought (quite a few) to make games now, new games are part of the service. Hopefully they can develop some good games with some variety too.

Microsoft have won me over a little recently with the direction they've been going, leaving the terrible things thing done in the past hopefully.

A couple year back it looked as though Microsoft would never, ever be on steam store. But with games now being miniature stores themselves, gaming as a sevice has guided them to various platforms.

I can see the possibility of Game Pass a d XCloud via Steam Store in time, seems far fetched, but think how much they'd actually make, moreover bringing users to Xbox brand.

Microsoft are in a much better position than they were, actually creating now too, just good games needed now.

CrossOut likes this.
  4. FamicomHeero

FamicomHeero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How deep do we go?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Pass... My Steam library is cluttered enough as it is.

6. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    *flashbacks to ME3 ending debacle*

FGFlann likes this.
  7. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It's been eight years and I'm still mad.

8. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    Suscriptions are bad, not only you can lose the games at any moment but long term is not justified unless you play at least a third of the games you get access to.

At least Sony service gives you games every month that you can keep instead of what's basically a rental.

Sinon likes this.
  9. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    Which is the same for digital stores in general. It's not exclusive to subscriptions, and unavoidable unless you buy physical.

If you're playing single player games, you're still getting more bang for your buck - subscription is only $5/mo, and most games in the list cost at least $20 (and it's unlikely that you'll stick with specific game for >4 months).

You're not able to play them unless you continue paying for subscription. Which is exactly how EA Access (or any other subscription service) works, only in case of EA Access you get all the stuff unlocked from the start instead of having to claim games each month.

10. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    You know what these subscription services are like? They're like someone coming to your house and putting an IV in your arm, except that they are taking blood from you every month rather than giving you saline. Now replace your "arm" with your wallet and "blood" with your money and that's what you are signing up for. Every software company out there has been planning for years to find a way to make you pay regularly for something. I HAVE to pay monthly for Internet access. But I don't pay for any other "subscription." Some of you ought to review how much a month is leaving your bank account for all these subscriptions. All of us hated Steam when it first came out. I guess I'm the only one who still does. Most of you will be Epic Store fanboys before too long. It seems inevitable...

Last edited by ChibiMofo, Jun 5, 2020
    raxadian likes this.
  11. MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    is not only feeling. is the truth!

guisadop likes this.
  12. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    EA needs to fall off the proverbial edge of the earth.

13. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    FYI the Command and Conquer Remastered collection launches directly from Steam if you buy it there, just one of many positive aspects of the game. So far it's been the most faithful remaster I've ever played, and everything from gameplay to cutscenes holds up surprisingly well for a modern audience.

Taleweaver and Darksabre72 like this.
  14. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I've had some decent bargains on ea access, just by grabbing 10 hour trials for free.
    It works like this, grab 1 month ea access grab the 10 hour trials of all the games you want, immediately cancel ea access. The trials will still work. Last time I did this, I was even refunded my $4.

15. Lodad

Lodad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And honestly it feels like the same thing and runs and interfaces like a piece of crap.

Xzi likes this.
  16. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Essentially EA wants more people to play SimCity 2013 but not at the same time

17. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    True, but from what I can gather that game is the exception to the rule. All other games attempt to use an origin launcher (which immediately crashes the game when you're on Linux).

Xzi likes this.
  18. drunk_shinobi

drunk_shinobi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Too bad UWP and the Windows Store are currently in a very bad state, with plenty of issues launching, downloading games... The lack of delta patching is killing games like PSO2, when you need to download 7gbs of data anytime there's something new. The Xbox Game Pass windows pass is also very buggy. A pity really, since it's a great service.

19. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    game can be still downloaded and installed on hdd, and some of them are single player ones.

The only one bugged is probably METRO exodus, the game keeps crashing if you don't have RTX GPU, and u have to play on Safe mode every time u launch it.

20. CPG

CPG not retarded trust me

Canada
    I want to meet the person who thought of this and send him back to business school so he can find out what the hell he is doing.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - subscription, service, Access