EA Access subscription service is coming to Steam later this summer

eLjonB0.png

Electronic Arts continues to bring their games and services to Steam, following the publisher making an announcement last year where they said select titles would no longer be exclusive to their own Origin launcher on PC. Certain EA games on Steam are showing a banner advertising that EA Access, the company's subscription service, would be headed to Steam soon. Currently, EA Access' base tier costs $4.99 a month and gives players access to a vault of games that includes titles such as Need for Speed Rivals, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Unravel, Fe, and more. The service will launch later this summer, and will have more details announced during EA Play Live, which will take place on June 11th.

These games will also be available as part of an EA Access subscription on Steam that will launch to players later this summer. A library of titles awaits you in The Vault, but beyond the games themselves, EA Access enhances your gaming experience with a medley of rewards. Get the red-carpet treatment with exclusive catalog-wide discounts, and in-game member benefits for some of our biggest franchises.

:arrow: Source

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This feels like the ultimate capitulation but I'm not sure by who

What's next, Gamepass on Steam? Or Steam on the Windows Store?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good for the people who like it! I will never like the subscription model myself, though, because it gives me that feeling that, if I'm not playing, I'm wasting money.

Reactions: MadMakuFuuma
D

Deleted User

this reminds me of the hours I spent as a kid trying to find a pc version of plants vs zombies 2

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please come to switch! I would love to play this on the lite

Also does anyone know if EA Pass is cross play (I have a PS4/Xbox 1) I don't remember if I used my login for the subscription or I made a login all I remember I spent $30 for the year and that was it

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo dawg, we heard you like buying games; So we put a store in your store, so you can buy while you buy.

I Like ^THIS^.

Mostly just filler though, to pad out and justify the subscription cost, god that the option of Steam store is there now though.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what I always wanted. Another place to NOT get an EA Access Subscription. I have no plans on playing Anthem 0.0.3a.5H1T or Surprise Mechanic Simulator, aka Any EA Game made in the past 5 years.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's dumb they're abandoning one of their best games :/
Also, no offense, but name 3 people you know who play Peggle.
May be some technical behind-the-curtains reasons, especially considering multiplayer-oriented nature of the franchise. May be testing the waters for now. May be just some business decisions (EA is usually good at those, unethical as they are - that's why they're so stinkin' rich in the first place). Besides, they brought over a ton of other games besides Peggle, so it's not like they actively chose Peggle over Titanfall or something.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...