Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
EA: 3DS is 'Magical'
Will sell like Hotcakes
ea3dspost.jpg

EA’s chief operating officer John Schappert has lavished praise of Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS.

"The 3DS is just incredibly cool. The 3DS is magical. You put that in your hand, you look down, and all of a sudden it’s in 3D without glasses. That’s an amazing experience. I’m a huge fan," he told IndustryGamers.

"I think that device is going to sell like hot cakes. I think it’s going to do incredibly well, and in typical Nintendo fashion they have re-energized the industry, yet again. I give them nothing but credit and we are excited to be supporting that platform with Madden, FIFA, and The Sims that we announced."

In contrast, Schappert said that Sony’s PSP business “has been challenged” for a while now. "I hope they’re able to breathe new life into [the PSP] because it’s been a very nice platform to date, but it has been soft of late… I’d like to see Sony do well… It feels like yesterday when the PSP was on allocation because of Monster Hunter, wasn’t it? So, you know, give them credit. The boys are smart... they’ll do ok."[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source (Edge)
icon11.gif
 Original Source (IndustryGamers)

I am inclined to agree with EA here, the 3DS really is starting to look magical; the console itself, the 3D, the games line-up, 3D movies etc. Everything is just overwhelming, I expect this to completely outrank the PSP as soon as it is released and I will make sure to definitely pick one of these consoles up in the near future, even if it mean I have to 'buy' my games.

If Sony don't do something new for the PSP soon, they are going to get left behind and completely forgotten about.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A handheld that can compete with the consoles of today? Of course this thing is magical!

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yea the 3DS is quite cool. I hope the console itself won't be more than what we think it'll be. The games that are lined up for the console looks good too.

Edit: LoL Sony's last resort "3PSPD" haha

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo have a knack of bringing gaming to non-gamers that's why nintendo have always done well.
non-gamers will buy the 3DS for the 3D movies and photography and since they have the device they might as well buy a game or two.

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:
gameboy13 said:
Do you believe in maaaaaagic?
In a young girl's heart?

How the music can free her whenever it starts

(To be honest I had to look up the lyrics to continue)

And its maaagic if the music is groovy it makes you feel happy like an old time movie
biggrin.gif

Best and cutest version in my opinion
biggrin.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
So, at this point, the only way Sony could beat Ninty's 3DS is either:

A) A free embarrassing-but-still-awesome imshortandrad video with every purchase,

or

B) Smell-o-vision.

I'm crossing my fingers, but I'll never tell which one I'm crossing for.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs