E3- Kirby Super Star Ultra screens and video.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screens:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14209932/imgs_1.html

Video:

This is one of the most impressive remakes I've ever seen! The core game remains the same as does the music, but ALL the graphics and cutscenes are getting a complete overhaul! I especially like this screen:

kirby-super-star-ultra--20080715113410569_640w.jpg

It's in every way better than the original with pseudo-3D spinning star statues. But notice something about the background? They paid attention to the Nintendo character's cameos and respected it!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing the SNES game over the weekend again, this just looks like a new game to me now. September can't come soon enough.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what surprises me the MOST? Nintendo and Hal are truly going all out on the remake. Instead of just slapping one the SNES game to a DS cartridge, they redesigned EVERY bit of the graphics. They made it 100% superior to the original AND kept true to the original. I guess we should wait till we play it to judge, but I trust them! I even forgive them for the half-year info drought!

Every screenshot from the main game has a Wifi bar on the bottom screen. I guess that makes co-op confirmed! I wonder if it's single or multi-cart...

Even with the disappointing Nintendo E3 this year, this STILL made it good!

And @ the date, this list from Nintendo (at E3) has it for September 22:

dsrellist-pg2.png

AND? Official boxart(?):

kirby_package.jpg

yaynds.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yay! this is gonna be the bomb!
even better than the also announced elebits, gta and hamtaro games for ds (didn't knew of them before)

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... I really fail to see what's so "impressive" about this remake.
The sprites are mostly ripped straight out of the GBA versions, which means this is what, the 4th/5th handheld Kirby with pretty much the exact same sprites?
Sure, they did edit them a little, but impressive is not quite how I'd put it.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great. First Metal Slug and now this? Oh my god let me breath!! I am drowning in the DS awesomeness I can barely catch up. I am addicted to keep replaying Metal Slug since I love the shoot em up feel on the go and now I see we're getting this soon? WOW. They just keep coming and coming. I can hardly get enough of the game before and a new one comes! DS is going into overtime with releasing freakin' amazing stuff. This game looks amazing and since I am a kirby fan I can't wait!
yaynds.gif

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is whether or not it'll have optional 2 player support for some of the games like the original.

I bet there'd be too much lag through the wi-fi though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4