e3 bestbuy demo on eshop?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by dsionr4, Jun 8, 2013.

1. dsionr4
    OP

dsionr4 Gbatemp's Shonen Character

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    :yayu: Why don't nintendo let us download the demo's at home on our own Wiiu. Not everyone lives in america. Make a special e3 demo section on the eshop so that everyone can enjoy the unreleased games. Someone else agree with me?

fossda and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    probably about having control over there demos, betas etc in place they trust

3. dsionr4
    OP

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    i know its in beta. But it isnt fair for people in other countries? They could at least put a demo on eshop with a note like:" The game is stil in developement".

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    [undeservedsenseofsuperiority]But America is better than other countries, so it is fair that we should get demos while you have nothing[/undeservedsenseofsuperiority]

Anyway, they have a contract with Best Buy. Making it available online would surely break that.

5. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Penny just dropped, a lot of putting the demos etc in Best Buy isn't so much to woo existing customers but to convince new customers to buy into a Wii U

6. LegendAssassinF

LegendAssassinF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey

The main problem could just be they don't want the mass public to play the game in Beta form. This happened with a lot of games that got scrapped eventually people judge on the demo and the demo isn't the best (because of beta) then they say horrible things about it rather than looking at it for what it is. If you saw Legend of Zelda and it only had 3 levels yet the 3rd level had a bug that made the game crash you would be pissed at it (if you forgot it was just a beta).

7. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    The reason Nintendo gave why they are not on the Eshop was this: Some games being beta tend to crash or have problems. While this is ok at a demo station such as at E3 they feel if it was downloaded to your home system that the problems might be enough to turn you off to the game and they don't want that. At a demo station it can be explained that the game is still in production which takes away some of that anti game tension.

dsionr4 likes this.
  8. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    its un fair the Europe is getting free games and we are not

Devin, Warlord698 and dsionr4 like this.
  9. dsionr4
    OP

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    true

10. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Well most of us aren't getting it either. It is only going to be at 110 Best Buy stores and the Nintendo World store. So they will have to deal with it like us and just watch it streamed/recorded on the Net.

11. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    hell, a lot of Best Buy's don't even have a demo station to begin with (though i find it kind of retarded that Walmart has one, yet not them)

Ray Lewis likes this.
  12. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    My friend even though I live here in the US yes I agree with you because everyone should be able to enjoy the E3 demos even if they don't live here in the US just like how basic set owners should be able to enjoy the deluxe digital promotion program not just deluxe set owners do you agree?

13. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Have they made official which locations will have the demos? I saw a preliminary list awhile ago and it was pretty sparse, not a single location in my area and some pretty random locations. The list looked pretty crappy and I was really looking forward to it too.

14. Triumph627

Triumph627 All sweet & honeycomb

Newcomer
    May 21, 2013
    United States
    The Comatorium
  15. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    This. Not to mention, Best Buy has incentive to make the Wii U and its games look good so people will buy from them. This means that if on the off chance there are some broken mechanics, there will probably be a Best Buy employee nearby to remind less-critically-thinking-individuals that this is just a beta.

Furthermore, downloads would require significantly more on Nintendo's end to support it. You have the inevitable users who are just technologically impaired and would be sending in complaints like, "WhY you no Have THIs game?! Y download no work?" Then, presumably after E3 the demos should no longer be accessible... The only way to really do this is if they require a constant online connection that verifies it is up, and then you'll certainly have legitimate players during the trial period who just don't have a good enough internet connection for it to work.

tl;dr - it's easier this way.

16. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Not to mention... if a demo somehow bricks a Demo unity... once it's back at Nintendo... nand flash and it's good to go again.

Demo bricks a private unit... we've got problems.

17. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States

it kinda takes away from the incentive to get a DELUXE model doesn't it (and the promotion isn't for the life of the system, it actually ends)
    Game = some incentive
    Game + more storage = more incentive
    Game + storage + stands = a bit more
    above + a "rewards points" service where you can more money for more games (after so many points you can earn $5 cards for the eShop) = just enough for a not so stable economy (although all the DRM from the Xbox One may help push sales to the Wii U as well)