• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,944
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted_171835

OP

There have been some accusations by fans across the internet claiming that Capcom reused assets from Mega Man Legends 3 for this game. Their reasoning is that the engine looks similar and a similarity between a certain character.

1o3O1.png

Engine:

PgapQ.jpg

ErRZU.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177526

Frankly, I could care less if Capcom reused MML3 assets. The game was cancelled and is never going to be released. It makes sense to use finished assets from a dead project.

As for the game itself, I'm excited for it. Looks pretty awesome from what I've seen (hopefully it gets localized).
and if the music in the trailer is from the game, even more awesome.

Reactions: 2 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Capcom regain the place in our hearts?
Or will they fail ecpicly?
Heck, they might even blame US again!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with soulx, MML3 is cancelled, so I don't see anything wrong with them reusing assets from it; why trash something when you can recycle it?

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why they can't just finish/release MML3; it's not like Crapcom stopped using Mega Man altogether, as Mega Man X is in the upcoming Crapcom/Sega/Namco 3DS game
It's because apparent'y we didn't show enough "support" for it.
Their their own damn fault. If they had advertised it more and get the game some public recognition, the game could've been out by now.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Is a skirt really the most practical thing for a girl to wear on a snowy mountain?
Do platypus really wear fedoras and ride scooters?

Really now. We're not exactly after "hyper realism" here, since they're using a cel-shaded art style with manga bold ink strokes and visible text cues.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although my indifference with a lean towards dislike of what they were doing/calling MML3 was covered before I think I will go one further an say even if they had released would there be anything wrong with reusing old assets (most of us laugh at square enix for more or less entirely redoing every RPG engine)?

Anyhow yeah this might be the first 3ds game I care to see (although I did just see Heroes of Ruin) and a far more fitting game type for the engine than MML3 was looking to be. Hopefully it will distract from the potentially bigger issue of it looking somewhat like a phantasy star online meets lost planet mashup although looking at it that is no bad thing and it will probably be better than either of them. Not enough to make me think the 3ds is a good idea but a start and probably something I will look at should one ever come into my possession.

The 3ds or at least that engine has a surprisingly low polygon budget but the artists hide it well and the cell shaded look does wonders too. Fairly nice lighting engine albeit with a distinct lack of shadows though

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is mega man legends 3 only without the megaman part. Basically how SMB2-USA was made from an unrelated Japanese game called, Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended