Misc E Shop Questions

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. Games purchased digitally from the e shop: do you get a PIN # for Club Nintendo coins?
2. How large are the file sizes, insanely huge? 1GB+?
3. Where are the games stored? Internally in the 3DS or on the SD card?
3-a. If they're stored and run from the SD card, does the SD card itself need to be a certain read speed to ensure proper game performance?
4. Deleting and re-downloading: is this a simple process? (no experience with buying on the e-shop, bear with me)
5. Transfer of digitally purchased games to another system. Possible?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
These questions could have easily been google'd :/
1. You link your account in the eShop settings and receive them automatically.
2. Depends on the game, eShop only titles are rather small but full downloadable versions of retail games can be huge like fire emblem.
3. SD
3-a. Medium speed, I use a 4GB class 4 card.
4. It's easy, but I suggest keeping a backup on your PC instead. Definitely keep one for your saves at least.
5. The transfer must be a complete one, games, saves, FC, settings... everything gets transfered and merged with the content of the target system. You can't select which games to transfer individually.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
These questions could have easily been google'd :/

Already tried that for the past 2 days, feel free to actually try yourself, I literally just got done doing that, and then went to the nintendo site, looked around, contacted nintendo, then made this thread, so don't think I'm some kind of moron here...

Anyway, thanks.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
don't worry it is better to ask to be sure before jumping right into an action. The only exception is asking if the 3ds or a ds flashcart runs 3ds roms :wacko:
Also, I figure it wouldn't hurt to have a thread like this to consolidate all of these e-shop questions and answers in one place either because, yes, I even searched these forums for this type of stuff before posting, too.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, but really these are the keywords you could've used, first link gives you the answer. Bad luck.
1. eshop club nintendo points
2. 3ds eshop game sizes
3. 3ds eshop games stored SD
3-a. 3ds SD class
4. games 3ds eshop re-download
5. transfer individual 3ds games

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No problem, but really these are the keywords you could've used, first link gives you the answer. Bad luck.
1. eshop club nintendo points
2. 3ds eshop game sizes
3. 3ds eshop games stored SD
3-a. 3ds SD class
4. games 3ds eshop re-download
5. transfer individual 3ds games

Reminds me of something unrelated, but my 3DS browser gets more/completely different (and actually relevant) results using google than my browser does. Stupid ass google...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me of something unrelated, but my 3DS browser gets more/completely different (and actually relevant) results using google than my browser does. Stupid ass google...
Might be worth looking into, have no idea what could be causing it. Try comparing results between different browsers, might be a plugin that's messing things up.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pretty sure it's on google's end. They deliberately give different results based on browser type (among other things), but I'm not about to switch from Firefox to "access" or w/e the 3DS uses... *sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.