[e-Petition] GW porting HomeMenuHax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Warft, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Warft
    OP

Warft Say my name!

Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    This is a Online Petition to request to the team Gateway port the HomeMenuHax to can launch the emunand without to load another useless exploits.

If you are a loyal user of Gateway, please post a message to grow the list:
    • Warft #01

Margen67 likes this.

2. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Not sure if OP is serious or if they are taking the piss

3. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    I want GW to give offline GW mode without android or using CN/OoT.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Warft
    OP

Warft Say my name!

Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Why dont be serious?

I like Gateway and really want to load the emunand only with turn on the console. :yaysp:

Margen67 likes this.
  5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    His join date is the Gateway release date. Notice that? :P

Yeah, most of us (even GW owners like me) aren't as beholden to a flashcart team that is quickly losing mindshare and relevance to CFW.

Sorry, going to have to pass on the signature.
    Not like it would help. 9.x mset on old 3ds has been available for months and GW just lazily ignores it.

Last edited by zoogie, Oct 10, 2015
  6. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    They will most likely port their launcher. But my guess is they are waiting for the DSTWO Plus to release and then block it (if possible).

Margen67 likes this.
  7. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Possible problem with the theme hack is that the payload is dependent on firmware version, so if you have it installed to boot from your sysnand version, then when you try to start an emunand with a higher firmware version, it crashes. GW may be able to find a workaround but it's not straightforward.

codychaosx and Margen67 like this.
  8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Unlinked emunand solves this. Allows two different theme caches.

9. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    There's really no way they won't implement this feature. It's the only way for them to stay relevant in this era of "easy access" to convenient CFWs.

Azel likes this.
  10. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I have Rxtools in my O3DS, but I still use my Gateway in my New 3DS. I think GW team will be the first team to give us 9.6 emuNAND support, because the N3DS CFW devs are not trying to achieve that. That is the reason I support Gateway.

11. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Then use MSET ??

@topic: I'm pretty sure they will do their thing with ThemeHax, just like the made MSET on N3DS available.
    They should be interested in the most convinient ways to trigger exploits, so they won't pass up on that.

12. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    I should have mentioned specifically for 2DS. I just realized that I did not mention that.

13. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I wonder why GW team havent implemented the new entrypoints for N3DS. It solves the problem of needing a game to launch Gw mode

14. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I don't think they will since they can't port it to 8.1 but I hope I am wrong

15. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    They will probably "clean it up", like removing this debug text at the beginning and somehow / mirror the whole payload generation onto their own server.
    They also need to need to change some stuff in the code to make it work with their Launcher.dat, just like they need a specific ROP chain for the MSET stuff.

Now is the right time to update all 3DS models to 9.0/2 anyway ... so maybe we will see update packs from them, just like we saw downgrade packs before :D

There is no reason now to be below those FW versions anymore, so it would be a good point to stop the fragmentation and get everyone onto the same sysNAND version.

Last edited by iCEQB, Oct 11, 2015
    samiam144 likes this.
  16. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    I believe there goal, atm, is to overcome the obstacle of achieving emunand 9.5+ for n3ds. A temp work around is given but its not enough to satisfy there users ever since last Nov. They boast about support on the n3ds so they have to find a way to do so or else it was all for nothing. I know it came at them without warning but I hope they are able to do something about the encryption.

17. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    would be nice, i would keep my 3dsxl on 9.2 in that case. mset isnt arduous but its tedious.

boot -> launch gateway - that would be sweeeeeeet.

18. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Sign me up, but i don't want to be holding the L button though.

19. palantine

palantine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    Italy
    I think Gateway must be working hard on overcoming the N3DS 9.5 block. It must be seriously crazy for it to be taking this long anyways, but once they have it done, they will be way ahead of anyone else.

-palantine

ByteBite and MelonGx like this.
  20. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Just fyi I am one of only two people publicly working on 8.1 updates to 9.0-9.2 so if you know a way let me know. An update package wouldn't be released but would be nice, hopefully in the future downgrade is more of a reality and then I can see them implementing it.

Also for all we know gw could be waiting on Nintendo to patch something before they release something like this