E-Books

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Curley5959, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

E-Books by Curley5959 at 8:25 AM (1,579 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Curley5959
    OP

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Anyone know any good sites to download e-books..?? I think this is allowed as its not technically a rom.. I mean a good site that has the latest good books.. At least some good novels like Eragon and Battleaxe..

Thanks for all your help [​IMG]

2. Dunny

Member Dunny GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There's no difference between a download of an in-copyright e-book without the IP holder's permission, and a ROM download. Both are copyright infringement, and therefore illegal. It's highly possible that nobody here understands the similarity, but just in case they do...

Here is a site that offers free e-books of many different genres and authors for download in the format of your choice. All legal, too.

I do however enjoy e-books of the non-legal variety, and download them from the usual torrent sites. There's a lovely torrent doing the rounds of a couple of thousand (a "library", no less!) sci-fi books, that is really helping those long night-shifts pass more pleasantly :-)

D.

3. Curley5959
    OP

Australia
  4. nin10do

Member nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    google something like free online library and you should find at least 5 sites right there.
    your best option is torrents but books are generally seeded very long, so if it isn't popular you might not find it.

5. Curley5959
    OP

Australia
    Thanks found a site with latest free books.. WOW, theres not many but there are some good books.. If there are any sites with good artists like Sara Douglass or other really popluar authors, could someone let me know please.. [​IMG]

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Look in "Hardware, Devices and Utilities", there's an eBook thread in there that may be of interest [​IMG]

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    The place I've been going for e-books lately is this one.

Good selection, all .txt files so they're easily readable on moonshell or sakura (among others programs). Just 5 a week, though.

Another friend recommends MoonBooks.

8. Dark^'^Knigh

Australia
    I checked out your first link, saw something of interest and try to d/l it, but got the message "quota exceeded". I've never seen the site in my life, don't know how that could be possible be right...BUT become a sponsor and get anything, unlimited. [​IMG]

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Well that IS odd. I've never had that problem before.
    I'd recommend asking the site administrator about it, but he's a highly pompous @$$**** (my opinion). You might obtain his help by taking an obsequious stance.

I don't mind middlemanning a specific title or two to you, if it'd be helpful.
    Chances are you could probably find your own copies and convert them yourself (if necessary) more quickly.

PM me if I can assist.

10. Dark^'^Knigh

Australia
    Everything's fine...tried the site again w/out a problem. Thanks for the offer, all the same [​IMG]