Hacking E-book Reader [PCSC80012] English translation + How to add custom books

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mmh normal I have 1080x 2340 ( screen and amoled) on my huawei p30 and my ebook reader (kobo glo) show 768x1024 but the highest what I with it is 1260x1920.

I found my best resolution is 841x1280 on the vita

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

draqen

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Guys, I'm trying to decrypt an original e-book reader dlc, and I get an error with vitashell and maidump, I want to see a real decrypted dlc. It is curious that in the guide installed in the application, it has a different design of cover, back, spine.

Does the project continue its development or has it been abandoned?

Last edited by draqen,

draqen

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There is nothing intresting in this dlc, it is 100% similar to custom books created with custom method. What do you mean by different design?

I mean like the guide, which is the book model, my comics come out as if they were manga, but when reading them it goes well, I don't know if I explain myself well, the guide book that comes as an example, when you turn and see the spine you see like a book, but custom comics look like manga.

BabyYoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a newby ... I have downloaded and installed the reader from pkg.. It is working but in Japanese... I downloaded the plugin/translation items... I copied/pasted the three items into ux0... Copied/pasted plugins to ux0/app/pcsc80012 & pcsc812st... The reader is still Japanese the reader settings makes my Vita crash and I don't know what to do with the SRC info... Please help... Would really like to use this reader...if possible..detailed setup instructions would be nice.. Thanks

BabyYoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a vita newbie
My reader still shows in Japanese and the reader settings regular and light crash my Vita... Are there any detailed instructions out there to show exactly how to setup the English version???
My system is Vita 2000 3.65 enso

Last edited by BabyYoda,

BabyYoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pcsc80012 is showing in English now but the reader settings (regular & light versions) cause my Vita to crash with error c1-3473-7...
And where do the items in the src folder go?

BabyYoda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Items in src folder is source code. You don't need it. Do you use sd2vita?
Yes I do use sd2vita (128 gig). That's my ux0. My plugins are in ur0:tai. I will send whatever screen shots you need of my system.

Update: My reader and reader settings are now working... The guide book is still in Japanese ..... not sure if that was supposed to change to English too. I am using readersettingslight.vpk. What's the difference between regular and light??

New issue: I would like to import epub books into the reader without having to use a computer... The epub files are already on my Vita and I have Vitashell... Is that possible???

Last edited by BabyYoda,

realsergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
its amazing i'm enjoying it in my vita 3.60 thank you

2020-10-27-165027.jpg

Last edited by realsergy,

IGotNoIdea27392

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yes I do use sd2vita (128 gig). That's my ux0. My plugins are in ur0:tai. I will send whatever screen shots you need of my system.

Update: My reader and reader settings are now working... The guide book is still in Japanese ..... not sure if that was supposed to change to English too. I am using readersettingslight.vpk. What's the difference between regular and light??

New issue: I would like to import epub books into the reader without having to use a computer... The epub files are already on my Vita and I have Vitashell... Is that possible???

I successfully Installed the translation, now my Reader is in English, but my Settings app seems won't open, it just crashes my system.

More detailed steps (from my experience),

Uninstall Reader App, then reinstall the AppApp (I did from PKGj)

Remember to install the patch too! (Click the line of Reader APP patch from Living Area to open the APP and install patch)

install Reader Setting

Copy the full content under the ux0 path

Install the plugins (I also did from ur0)
copy two plugins then paste under ur0:tai (if this is where you config.txt file located)
edit config. txt
add
*PCSC80012
ur0:tai/ReaderMod.suprx
*PCSC812ST
ur0:tai/ReaderSettings.suprx

Reboot machine

first open up Reader and reach shelf

then try the setting I guess? This is where I am having problems.

I attached some examples of how books turned into after using vita. reader. edit. From what I see, as long as you follow the format you should be able to upload books without pc. But it must be easier using one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@BabyYoda how did you get your reader settings to work

Attachments

• psvReaderLib.zip
    314 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by IGotNoIdea27392,

GrapheneCt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's been a long time since I update this, currently I am using different settings plugin that I created just for myself, as well as updated version of the Reader plugin.

Reader Settings:
1. Delete Reader Settings app if you already have it.
2. Delete ReaderSettings.suprx plugin if you have it.
3. Add henkaku_sfc.suprx instead of henkaku.suprx for NPXS10015 in your config.txt. Do not delete original henkaku.suprx from the tai folder.
It should look like this:
*NPXS10015
ur0:tai/henkaku_sfc.suprx

This will replace "Henkaku Settings" tab in settings app with new "User Settings" tab. In it you will find Henkaku Settings and a couple of additional options, including Reader Settings.

Reader Mod has been updated to accommodate these changes. Please reinstall it too.

Download links are the same.

PandaAgent

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Anyone got Error code 2002? I can't get my books open
I got same message sometimes. I can't say why it happens. With Kindle Comic Converter, try this:
  1. Convert your files to CBZ. Doesn't matter whether input file is a CBR or CBZ file. Just select CBZ as output format. Select Kobo Glo HD as target device. I noticed it results in images with a little better quality. You can try others targets and see which is better for you.
  2. Convert all CBZ files you got as result in step 1 to EPUB.
I did that and got my books open correctly on Ebook Reader.

anyone use bookr?
I do. I use Ebook Reader to read comic books and Bookr Mod to read plain text EPUBs. Also Noboru to read online manga and comics.

Last edited by PandaAgent,

ShinMegami

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can anybody tell me where I can find "readersettings.vpk"? Searched the links, searched the internet and haven't found anything!
The reader itself is working and is patched in english, but...can't finde the settings!

---------

edit: okay I found out, that there is no "readersettings.vpk" but the settings are in the script. Changed in the tai-folder under NPXS10015 henkaku to henkaku_sfc and...it's working now and I see the reader settings!

My problem now is that when I do uncheck some boxes in the reader settings and go out of the settings, they don't get saved. So when I go back to the reader settings everything is the same as before!

Anyone an idea why the reader setting don't get saved?

Last edited by ShinMegami,

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am using this and the translation works, but like the above poster my reader settings aren't saved. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Edit: Okay, I got it to work. I just deleted the folders inside the ux0:data/rddat/settings folder. Now, the settings can be turned on without issue. Somehow I think the app couldn't delete the folders when you changed the settings because there were dummy.txt files inside them.

Last edited by aarstar,

rheomie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
<Solved>
Hi, sorry..
but i cant find ReaderSettings.suprx at download link
there's only ReaderMod.suprx and henkaku_sfc.suprx
where can i find it?

-------------------------------------
Theres a newest update, and dont need ReaderSettings.suprx

My case solved by using ur0 instead of ux0 for config.txt (tai folder)

to put book, i using vita book library and put it from PC.

Last edited by rheomie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?