GrapheneCt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
24.01.2021 UPDATE. PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

It's been a long time since I update this, currently I am using different settings plugin that I created just for myself, as well as updated version of the Reader plugin.

Reader Settings:
1. Delete Reader Settings app if you already have it.
2. Delete ReaderSettings.suprx plugin if you have it.
3. Add henkaku_sfc.suprx instead of henkaku.suprx for NPXS10015 in your config.txt. Do not delete original henkaku.suprx from the tai folder.
It should look like this:
*NPXS10015
ur0:tai/henkaku_sfc.suprx

This will replace "Henkaku Settings" tab in settings app with new "User Settings" tab. In it you will find Henkaku Settings and a couple of additional options, including Reader Settings.

Reader Mod has been updated to accommodate these changes. Please reinstall it too.

Download links are the same.

ORIGINAL POST

rePatch plugin is no longer needed!

On 3.60 you will have to use 0syscall6 plugin instead of ref00d for this method to work.

E-book Reader only support EPUB books with .jpg, .png or .svg files used as pages (so no plaintext epub). Sample .epub file is included in the downloads.

You can use Kindle Comic Converter to convert .CBZ files or set of images to EPUB. Use "Other" preset and uncheck "Stretch/Upscale".

Installation:

If you have used E-book Reader before:
  1. rePatch plugin is no longer needed. You can update it to v3.0 now if you want.
  2. Make copy of your books library (ux0:book/u/). It will be deleted in the next step!
  3. Uninstall Reader.
  4. Install Reader and official patch.
  5. Download plugin/translation.
  6. Copy all required folders to ux0:.
  7. Install plugins. henkaku. must be installed under *PCSC812ST and ReaderMod.suprx must be installed under *PCSC80012.
  8. Without changing any of the settings in Reader Settings app, run Reader one time until you get access to your bookshelf and close it.
If this is your first time using E-book Reader:
  1. Install Reader and official patch.
  2. Download plugin/translation.
  3. Install Reader Settings vpk.
  4. Copy all required folders to ux0:.
  5. Install plugins. ReaderSettings.suprx must be installed under *PCSC812ST and ReaderMod.suprx must be installed under *PCSC80012.
  6. Without changing any of the settings in Reader Settings app, run Reader one time until you get access to your bookshelf and close it.
Full list of plugin features:
  1. Custom books location. You can select custom books location (ux0:, uma0:, ur0:, grw0 )
  2. Fake authentication. Enables some features of Reader otherwise available only of authenticated users. Do not use this option if you are going to use official Reader Store account.
  3. Sync at startup. You can disable automatic Reader Store purchase information update at Reader startup to get instant access to your bookshelf.
  4. Guidebook visible. You can remove guidebook from your bookshelf with this option disabled.
  5. Allow delete operation for custom books. You can delete custom books in Reader app when this option is enabled. Do not use this option if you are going to use official Reader Store account.
  6. Rebuild Reader database. Use this option only if you have problems with Reader (Removed from Light version for now).
Download:

You can download E-book Reader from JP PS Store or directly from here (DRM-free).

Plugin/translation (Use ReaderSettingsLight.vpk if you have problems with ReaderSettings.vpk)

Vita Book Edit (PC library manager app)

w369Ua5.jpg

MjbEY9a.jpg

bAds2Ii.jpg

Last edited by GrapheneCt,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the App, put it where it should be ( ux0:app/ ), then also put the Patch and Addcont where they should be, then I hit Triangle, and Select the Refresh LiveArea. Says Refreshed 0 Items.
On 3.65 Enso

GrapheneCt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I assume you download it on PC, than transfer it to Vita? This app can not be installed that way. The only way to install it is either via download from japanese PS Store or from PKGj.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think the Update took. That is because I did it Manually instead of with NPS Browser

Edit: Yup. Have to Unpack/Decrypt everything Manually. But now the DLC is not coming up for some reason.

I got the App, and the Update working. No DLC Folder however. Now when I replace the TextListJP.dat File, I get a C2-12828-1 Error

Last edited by Smoker1,

GrapheneCt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You don't have to decrypt anything in the original app folder. It should look like this:
ux0:app/pcsc80012(original app, encrypted and untouched)
ux0: patch/pcsc80012(original patch, encrypted and untouched)
ux0:rePatch/ (should contain PCSC80012 folder from 1st link only)
ux0:reAddcont/pcsc80012/00000000blkstok1/bookXX(this is your custom books, 2nd link is template for that)

Last edited by GrapheneCt,
Reactions: Smoker1

kristian123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dlc does not work for me every time i go into the app theres no book there besides guide book. am i missing something the translation patch work just not the dlc i followed the steps am i missing something do i need to create a reader account?

GrapheneCt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
UPDATED TO V3.0

Changelog:
1. Translated Guidebook. Check it out!
2. Translated all text in TextListJP.dat except License Agreement.
3. Major fixes in text alignment.
4. Application should load English text a little bit faster now.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously wish there was a App or something where Users can take all their EPubs and get them made to fit the Requirements of this Reader. Especially if Users have MANY Books.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Joykey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi guys, new to the cine.

Guys with the Reader, mine gets messed up by the patch, when I move the patch folder everything is well...Help!!
Am on 3.65enso

Last edited by Joykey,

Joykey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I have installed the application fine and it works, as soon as I download the patch the application fails to lunch with an error message.

Joykey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
No, only .epub

Noted in bold at the beginning.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1