Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Half of my brain cells are probably dead by the time I finish this message, so please excuse the inconsistency that may appear in the future. So I started working today at some meat plant, the job consists of constantly carrying 60lbs of weight. The pay was not bad, but this is what happened today. I when to work, started carrying the packages back and forth and thought it was an easy job… I was dead wrong. After about 4 hours I can not feel my arms anymore. By the time it was 8 hours, my arms didn’t belong to me. I went home after 8 hours, and started to feel my arms again. Feeling relived and everything, but that was very stupid of me. Right after I got back to my house, I started to feel extreme muscular pain in my arms, it didn’t stop. I was in unimaginable pain… I had some pain killers left, I took about 5 of them and after 30mins the pain slowly went away. Anyone know what might happen tomorrow if I go work again? Anyone suggest a better way than pain killers?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
quit your job?...
frown.gif

I feel sorry for you mate

K

kaoken

How about stretching out b4 working. Just hang in there for a week or so, you'll prolly get stronger and then used to the stress.

Opera Ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, depending on your age, and just the way of constant movement. If you're always used to carrying heavy objects like that constantly, then it's a problem you shouldn't put aside.

Take a day off and see a physio/chiro/doctor.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
start going to the gym?

first time I went to the gym, my arm's and legs were really sore and dead a few hours later and stayed that way for a few days

happens to everyone when they put a lot more stress on their muscles than they normally do

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I just realized it was you (avatar change). Your life sucks, doesnt it? Is there a rule against telling tempers to just end it?
Hey, I considered it many times, but on TV I see people on Oprah with no arms and legs and ending up more successful than I am, that guy on Oprah that wrote "No excuses". I will try for a week, since I'm young (19) I guess I should give it a go. I am somewhat muscular believe it or not, however, the co-workers looks like Arnold on Steroids.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not going to kill you (probably). You're just not used to that much work. Just maybe take it a bit easier for a little while and work your way up. They can't expect you to work at the same pace as your Arnold co-workers. Eventually your body will adjust and it won't be as painful.

That's my advice even though if I was in your position I would probably just quit.

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Just use telekenisis ffs...

edit: now, seriously tomorrow probably it will be even tougher, but surely it will be easier with time.. I guess
wacko.gif
Good luck
unsure.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Wasn´t harder the army training?

You´ll get used to it in a week, you´ll be swoll soon, it will help with the ladies
tongue.gif
Well army was hard core, but the hardest thing was the 2 and a half hour ruck march. The ruck sack was heavy to carry (100lb), however, the thing is that only lasted 2 and a half hours. As I said, I though this job was rather cool at the first two hours. The army made me muscular, but not that much. I can only do 40 push ups, while my uncle, who is a labourer can not only do 80 pushups, he can also do 25 one handed.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half of my brain cells are probably dead by the time I finish this message, so please excuse the inconsistency that may appear in the future. So I started working today at some meat plant, the job consists of constantly carrying 60lbs of weight. The pay was not bad, but this is what happened today. I when to work, started carrying the packages back and forth and thought it was an easy job… I was dead wrong. After about 4 hours I can not feel my arms anymore. By the time it was 8 hours, my arms didn’t belong to me. I went home after 8 hours, and started to feel my arms again. Feeling relived and everything, but that was very stupid of me. Right after I got back to my house, I started to feel extreme muscular pain in my arms, it didn’t stop. I was in unimaginable pain… I had some pain killers left, I took about 5 of them and after 30mins the pain slowly went away. Anyone know what might happen tomorrow if I go work again? Anyone suggest a better way than pain killers?

It will hurt like a bitch the first couple weeks, then it should go away. Stick with it and you will be rewarded like the Yellow haired guy off of the ball show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...