Dying Light gets a new DLC based on their cancelled game 'Hellraid'

Developer Techland once had a game they were working on, for the still new at the time "next-gen" Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It was described as "a mix between Dead Island and Elder Scrolls", but the project never came to be, and was put on permanent hiatus in 2015. That's why it's surprising to see the game once called Hellraid return, as a DLC pack for 2015's Dying Light. Techland is still hard at work creating Dying Light 2, which was delayed from its original release window, but has announced an expansion to the first Dying Light game to tide fans over. The Hellraid DLC for the game has been teased for release in Summer of 2020, and will add brand-new weapons to the game to kill all sorts of demonic enemies with. It'll be available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Dying Light’s new DLC Hellraid will be your ticket to Hell and back No, it’s not a metaphor. You will be literally hacking through demonic hordes of Hell. You can wishlist it on Steam right now. It all started with an arcade machine survivors found in the Tower’s basement while investigating an odd power outage. None of them could remember seeing this strange device ever before. They moved it upstairs, unaware of its true nature. Dying Light – Hellraid is coming to PC, PS4™, and Xbox One this summer. Stay tuned for more info!

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The game that just keeps giving. All these neat DLCs that up the fun factor in this just makes me more excited to what Dying Light 2 will bring.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Developer Techland once had a game they were working on, for the still new at the time "next-gen" Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It was described as "a mix between Dead Island and Elder Scrolls", but the project never came to be, and was put on permanent hiatus in 2015. That's why it's surprising to see the game once called Hellraid return, as a DLC pack for 2015's Dying Light. Techland is still hard at work creating Dying Light 2, which was delayed from its original release window, but has announced an expansion to the first Dying Light game to tide fans over. The Hellraid DLC for the game has been teased for release in Summer of 2020, and will add brand-new weapons to the game to kill all sorts of demonic enemies with. It'll be available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

kinda spooky

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no thanks. Dying Light was a major disappointment.

Ain't nobody gonna tell me this game is good. Found this one out recently due to friend wanting to play, was how much in-game advertising and annoying addons this game has. Friend of mine wanted to run through it cause she wanted to try it before Dying Light 2, literally being told to purchase Dying Light 2 with every single loading screen. Fuck off. With how the endings of the DLC are, the developer might as well have physically spit in the face of players for actually continuing to play the game for that long. Spend majority of the game doing stupid fetch quests so you can progress the main story of base game and the DLC only to end it with sub par climaxes.
All that effort to make a vaccine in base game was all for nothing because the plot of Dying Light 2 is 15 years and the virus has spread over the world. Woops. Guess the good doctors were wrong about those vaccines coming "soon". Golly gee I wonder which DLC ending is canon.

I originally gained interest in Dying Light because I liked the Mirror's Edge mechanics, but the actual game itself ended up only having very basic parkour. Despite advertising them in the initial teasers, the developer removed some things, like wall walking and multi jumping. In the DLC, there is very little parkour due to the wide open spaces and little time spent in the town. Instead, you get a stupid fucking buggy. Gave me major motion sickness and like a complete jackass I actually thought upgrading it to max would help. It's required you use the thing in the plot to my great dismay. Don't even get me started on the buggy getting stuck on random models and floating floor textures the developer forgot to place against the floor of the map.

Once you realize the limitations of zombies, the only annoying ones to fight are player-controlled Night Hunters and Virals. Yes. Virals. Because they spawn like the dickens (and all have the SAME BALD FEMALE MODEL) when you're just trying to pick lock stuff or go about your merry way ALL HOURS of the day. Firecrackers the real MVP. I used to hate the night time when I started but by the time the DLC came out, I welcomed it. Night time is real power leveling hours and Volatiles are easily aggro-able and controlled. They don't spawn in large groups like Virals do and can be boxed off with UV light.

Would I say I had a fulfilling, satisfying experience with Dying Light? If you consider play time perhaps. A lot of that time is spent wrestling with the game mechanics and with random nuisances that happen to occur, like the grappling hook not grabbing onto something or not being able to find a specific material you need (LOOKING AT YOU, SCREWS). Dying Light is a game where as a player, you should expect to die a lot and fight with the game more than it's enemies. It is a sub-par parkour game, it is a sub-par zombie game, it is a sub-par FPS game. Maybe if you like all three of those things, you would love Dying Light. I just hope a good story isn't also something you value. Hellraid just sounds like they want to make Dying Light a sub-par DOOM experience.

Last edited by Pluupy,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no thanks. Dying Light was a major disappointment.

Ain't nobody gonna tell me this game is good. Found this one out recently due to friend wanting to play, was how much in-game advertising and annoying addons this game has. Friend of mine wanted to run through it cause she wanted to try it before Dying Light 2, literally being told to purchase Dying Light 2 with every single loading screen. Fuck off. With how the endings of the DLC are, the developer might as well have physically spit in the face of players for actually continuing to play the game for that long. Spend majority of the game doing stupid fetch quests so you can progress the main story of base game and the DLC only to end it with sub par climaxes.
All that effort to make a vaccine in base game was all for nothing because the plot of Dying Light 2 is 15 years and the virus has spread over the world. Woops. Guess the good doctors were wrong about those vaccines coming "soon". Golly gee I wonder which DLC ending is canon.

I originally gained interest in Dying Light because I liked the Mirror's Edge mechanics, but the actual game itself ended up only having very basic parkour. Despite advertising them in the initial teasers, the developer removed some things, like wall walking and multi jumping. In the DLC, there is very little parkour due to the wide open spaces and little time spent in the town. Instead, you get a stupid fucking buggy. Gave me major motion sickness and like a complete jackass I actually thought upgrading it to max would help. It's required you use the thing in the plot to my great dismay. Don't even get me started on the buggy getting stuck on random models and floating floor textures the developer forgot to place against the floor of the map.

Once you realize the limitations of zombies, the only annoying ones to fight are player-controlled Night Hunters and Virals. Yes. Virals. Because they spawn like the dickens (and all have the SAME BALD FEMALE MODEL) when you're just trying to pick lock stuff or go about your merry way ALL HOURS of the day. Firecrackers the real MVP. I used to hate the night time when I started but by the time the DLC came out, I welcomed it. Night time is real power leveling hours and Volatiles are easily aggro-able and controlled. They don't spawn in large groups like Virals do and can be boxed off with UV light.

Would I say I had a fulfilling, satisfying experience with Dying Light? If you consider play time perhaps. A lot of that time is spent wrestling with the game mechanics and with random nuisances that happen to occur, like the grappling hook not grabbing onto something or not being able to find a specific material you need (LOOKING AT YOU, SCREWS). Dying Light is a game where as a player, you should expect to die a lot and fight with the game more than it's enemies. It is a sub-par parkour game, it is a sub-par zombie game, it is a sub-par FPS game. Maybe if you like all three of those things, you would love Dying Light. I just hope a good story isn't also something you value. Hellraid just sounds like they want to make Dying Light a sub-par DOOM experience.

You are clearly trolling. All these ‘problems’ where fixed two weeks of its release. Welcome to the ignore list with the rest of the trolls!

Reactions: fearfactory

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They cancelled Hellraid and made it a DLC? I know the game was in development hell and on hold indefinitely but holy shit. From the description of the DLC it looks like it takes place in a singular dungeon that's just really big. It's probably just a huge test level and assets from Hellraid that were left on the cutting room floor. I guess now people can play it in some form. Somewhere out there in the in the world a monkey's paw is curling its finger...

Last edited by Daggot,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are clearly trolling. All these ‘problems’ where fixed two weeks of its release. Welcome to the ignore list with the rest of the trolls!
Try harder.

I played the game last week with my friend using STEAM. They are not fixed. The game is still as shit as it ever was, if not worse due to the massive amount of DLC and adverts.

Maybe play the game again before you go spouting incorrect information and insulting people, you fucking moron.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Jonnysert

Trophies
Website
giupviectheogio.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've loved Dying Light ever since it first released. My 13 year old son loves it too and I even just recently got my husband to play through Dying Light and The Following. He couldn't get into it when he first tried it a couple of years ago but this time he enjoyed it enough to play all the way through everything. I enjoyed seeing him find my Harran letter in game that I wrote out to him which was among the chosen winners of the 'Letters from Harran' fan contest that you guys held ages ago. Hope you guys decide to do another fan contest like that again for Dying Light 2. Thank you guys for the countless hours of fun that you've given me and my family. Love you, Techland.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end