Dying Light 2 faces a delay, without any new release window

jPxQY3J.png

Another one bites the dust. Following The Avengers, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, and Iron Man VR, another game has fallen victim to the rampant delays that have been happening this month. This time, it's Dying Light 2, which was scheduled to release in spring of this year, but has been unfortunately pushed back. Where other games might have gotten a second release window, or alternate date, developer Techland did no such thing, merely stating that the game would need extra development time, and that fans would get an update "in the coming months". Previously, it was revealed that Dying Light 2 would be a cross-generational title, eventually releasing on the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5, so it may be possible that we'll see a new release date that matches up with the launch of the next console generation.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All titles delayed just for Next-Gen seems like a stupid way to build the user base on the new systems quicker since there won't be nothing special about the systems besides little gimmicks and the usual slight graphical increase as there is no huge leaps to be made anymore other then to stay current.

While I see your point, them developing exclusively for next-gen will allow them to not be held back by the anemic as shit Jaguar cores in the current generation of consoles.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All titles delayed just for Next-Gen seems like a stupid way to build the user base on the new systems quicker since there won't be nothing special about the systems besides little gimmicks and the usual slight graphical increase as there is no huge leaps to be made anymore other then to stay current.
I don't kno what you expect mate but programmers and artists need to learn in stages to - least we get great games year by year thts all anyone cares about and if you kno how to jump a generation I'm sure sony would like to hear from you

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I don't kno what you expect mate but programmers and artists need to learn in stages to - least we get great games year by year thts all anyone cares about and if you kno how to jump a generation I'm sure sony would like to hear from you

I appreciate the programmer,artists and all devs in general. But you are missing the point i was trying to say, i love games (i don't play much anymore anyway) but i was talking more mainly about the artificial of holding games back to build hype/user base for the new systems, it's got nothing to do with learning hardware anymore as everything is x86 based these days now.

Engineers have not made any huge advancements in anything (as in) new hardware wise since technology hasn't changed all too much really since the early days of going from a Pentium 90Mhz to a Pentium 3 733Mhz we were just increasing the clock speeds, their just hasn't been that extra "something" huge in a long time, we are in the infancy of Ray Tracing and VR for example, there just has to be something new before it turns stale and causes a crash again.

Reactions: gameboy

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ps4 to ps5 and xb1x to xbse-x will be HUGE. the jump from xb1x to gtx1060-rx580 is huge. So the jump from xb1x to rtx2080 is massive. Its why everyone is waiting for the price reveal because theyre either going to be expensive or theyre going to lose a lot of money and charge up internet subs criptions to make up the cost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s