D'ya use public computers when logging to GBAtemp?

_ORiON_

OP
Trophies
Website
loerion.googlepages.com
XP
Country
Since I do not have my own pc yet, everytime I need to log in I have to click through the link, and I admittedly say I am lazy of it. It pisses me off. Why not put the "Logging-in Box" (whatever you call it) at the homepage itself?

And why not uncheck the "Remember me?" box by default. It is too risky for users who forgot to log out. And for my part (and for some), then have to always uncheck it. It is annoying.

I noticed the "View new post" feature is not functioning correctly. It listed topics with no new posts at all!
Another suggestion: What if we can choose what new topics we like to see? There are topics that doesn't interest me, and many of them are concentrated in one section (like NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software, Other Consoles etc...).
I just want to see new topics that I want like those in NDS - Games, NDS - Emulation, etc.

smile.gif
wink.gif
wink2.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
frown.gif
:'(
cry.gif
tongue.gif
nyanya.gif
shy.gif
blink.gif
ohmy.gif
huh.gif
happy.gif
cool.gif
wub.gif
dry.gif
mad.gif
unsure.gif

ph34r.gif
- what's its meaning, anyway?

wtf.gif
this looks rather confused

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you can just not be so lazy? I mean, you are sitting down during the whole process ( I assume) and all you have to do is move your fingers... geez...

TheStick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why not use Portable Firefox?

I never log in on any website when I'm using a public computer (beware keyloggers and other funky stuff
wacko.gif
), unless I'm using my Firefox-on-a-usb-stick, which is identical to the one on my computer at home.

I never have to log in, since I have the gbatemp cookie which automatically recognises me
smile.gif

Once I'm done, I just close Firefox and remove my USB key, no traces left, no history to erase, nothing.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes; when I didn't have internet in my uni house for 2 years I had to log in from the department all the time. And no I don't think it's the end of the world to click a login box. Stops it taking up valuble frontpage real estate.

Choosing new topics; why bother? Go to the root forum list and the icons show which ones have new posts (if they're working correctly... which I think they are now but haven't been on here much recently so not sure)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Technically, I only use my computer at home - but that's because I remote desktop in to it all the time. Maybe 1% of the time I'll use my computer at work if I can't remote, but other than that - my own computer all the way. Just feels better that way.

_ORiON_

OP
Trophies
Website
loerion.googlepages.com
XP
Country
fine for me then if it is only me who has the problem about logging in.

but no one's answere my;

---------------- I noticed the "View new post" feature is not functioning correctly. It listed topics with no new posts at all! ----------------

i always thought being absent for one day is long enough to get 9 pages of "new" topics, until i found out half of them were old pieces of shit.

does this involve cookies or something?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The view new posts works. Unless you go in the topic or click the "mark all topics as read" button, the forum sees the topic as a topic with at least 1 unread message and considers it new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared