D'ya use public computers when logging to GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by _ORiON_, Jul 19, 2006.

?

D'ya use public pc's when logging to GBAtemp?

1. Yes, all the time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I only use my own.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only in cases of emergency (lol)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. _ORiON_
    OP

Member _ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Philippines
    Since I do not have my own pc yet, everytime I need to log in I have to click through the link, and I admittedly say I am lazy of it. It pisses me off. Why not put the "Logging-in Box" (whatever you call it) at the homepage itself?

And why not uncheck the "Remember me?" box by default. It is too risky for users who forgot to log out. And for my part (and for some), then have to always uncheck it. It is annoying.

I noticed the "View new post" feature is not functioning correctly. It listed topics with no new posts at all!
    Another suggestion: What if we can choose what new topics we like to see? There are topics that doesn't interest me, and many of them are concentrated in one section (like NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software, Other Consoles etc...).
    I just want to see new topics that I want like those in NDS - Games, NDS - Emulation, etc.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :'( [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] - what's its meaning, anyway?

[​IMG] this looks rather confused

2. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Maybe you can just not be so lazy? I mean, you are sitting down during the whole process ( I assume) and all you have to do is move your fingers... geez...

3. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    How hard is it exactly to click a mouse with these computer's you are using?

4. TheStick

Newcomer TheStick Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Korea, South
    Why not use Portable Firefox?

I never log in on any website when I'm using a public computer (beware keyloggers and other funky stuff [​IMG] ), unless I'm using my Firefox-on-a-usb-stick, which is identical to the one on my computer at home.

I never have to log in, since I have the gbatemp cookie which automatically recognises me [​IMG]

Once I'm done, I just close Firefox and remove my USB key, no traces left, no history to erase, nothing.

5. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Featured Posts:
    Belgium
    Nope, I only use it at home

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Yes; when I didn't have internet in my uni house for 2 years I had to log in from the department all the time. And no I don't think it's the end of the world to click a login box. Stops it taking up valuble frontpage real estate.

Choosing new topics; why bother? Go to the root forum list and the icons show which ones have new posts (if they're working correctly... which I think they are now but haven't been on here much recently so not sure)

7. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Technically, I only use my computer at home - but that's because I remote desktop in to it all the time. Maybe 1% of the time I'll use my computer at work if I can't remote, but other than that - my own computer all the way. Just feels better that way.

8. _ORiON_
    OP

Member _ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Philippines
    fine for me then if it is only me who has the problem about logging in.

but no one's answere my;

---------------- I noticed the "View new post" feature is not functioning correctly. It listed topics with no new posts at all! ----------------

i always thought being absent for one day is long enough to get 9 pages of "new" topics, until i found out half of them were old pieces of shit.

does this involve cookies or something?

9. mekaxero

Member mekaxero I am the alpha, and the omega

Featured Posts:
    United States
    i believe when u r in the view new posts section, click the "mark all forums as read" link, then the next time u come, it will all be new.

10. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    The view new posts works. Unless you go in the topic or click the "mark all topics as read" button, the forum sees the topic as a topic with at least 1 unread message and considers it new.